Sweat more, burn less?

Options
So I've heard that as you loose weight, you burn less calories. I started at 151 lbs and now I'm at 139. I have been doing insanity workouts and I find that I have been sweating more than I did when I was heavier. But am I still burning less calories than before?

Replies

• wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You will burn less, but not a lot less. It is only a small decrease....something like 450 calories to 410 calories. You may be sweating more because it's hotter out. :)

You may want to switch up your exercise if you want to improve your fitness. I started doing spinning a few days a week and now when I do other cardio, it seems like a breeze!
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Your body adapts to increased exercise by sweating more to facilitate cooling. The more you exercise, the more and sooner you'll sweat.
  • CharleneM723
    CharleneM723 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Your body also becomes more efficient at cooling itself (sweating) as your fitness levels increase.

Charlene
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Your body also becomes more efficient at cooling itself (sweating) as your fitness levels increase.

Charlene

Huh! I never knew this. I feel like I am in the best shape of my life (even though I'm still heavier than my norm) but I am drenched with sweat when I work out. Good info!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Your body adapts to increased exercise by sweating more to facilitate cooling. The more you exercise, the more and sooner you'll sweat.

That's what I've found. I'm forever leaving my classes soaking wet and dripping hair.It does seem to have gotten worse as I've gotten closer to my goal.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    So I've heard that as you loose weight, you burn less calories. I started at 151 lbs and now I'm at 139. I have been doing insanity workouts and I find that I have been sweating more than I did when I was heavier. But am I still burning less calories than before?
    It's true. You burn less as you get smaller because you've decreased your fat.