Time to up the ante

Options
Dedulaney
Dedulaney Posts: 31 Member
Hello all! I figured that now I've managed to keep a more hardcore approach towards my developing a healthy lifestyle, I should go ahead and introduce myself to the community. I've been using MFP to watch calories (sort-of) for awhile, but only the last few months have I brought myself to methodically measure as accurate as possible my foods. As far as exercise goes, that's been a very long journey. I used to absolutely loathe exercise and that's entirely my own doing. Through high school and the first few years of college, video gaming was my main hobby and I can't describe the countless hours I've spent gaming.

As I've gotten older and a bit wiser, my priorities have definitely changed. I'm currently in a physical therapy assistant program and have since seen how much I need to adopt a healthy lifestyle. I tried to start exercise prior to the program but my patience wore out faster than it should've. Thankfully, that patience grew. Last Fall I started running with C25K and stuck with it throughout. Back in May, I decided to add to my 3 runs a week with developing my strength through bodyweight programs (mostly Neila Rey's handy workouts) to build my strength until I reach my goal weight, in which I'll then work on muscle development. So for the past couple of months have been able to keep up with working out 6 days a week. Adding this with properly watching my diet and I've realized I've turned over. Now I actually really enjoy working out and want to continue pushing myself. I run with some friends in a local 5K and am now developing a large interest in these mud runs, hoping someday to do the ones like the Spartan. Hopefully progress continues and my body will change enough to show the results I truly desire. My big motivation currently? Besides wanting to compete in those cool races, it's also about getting a killer body in time for my wedding next May haha!

So there ya go. Nutshell summary. Happy to be here and look forward to interacting with this awesome community!

Replies