Juice cleanse

Options
Anyone tried a 48 hour juice cleanse with good results? I'm just looking for something to kick start my diet again and then I'll resume my "normal" eating and exercise habits.

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Skip the cleanses and just go straight to the moderate calorie deficit and exercise portion. ;) your liver and kidneys do a perfect cleansing of your body. There's no kickstarting. Just the mental willpower to overcome

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821828-detoxes-and-cleanses
  • andmulli11
    andmulli11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did a 10 day juice cleanse and never felt better..day 2-3 were rough (toxins coming out of my body) but after that it was great..lost 7lbs... check out fat sick and nearly dead on Netflix if you haven't yet
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    I did a 10 day juice cleanse and never felt better..day 2-3 were rough (toxins coming out of my body) but after that it was great..lost 7lbs... check out fat sick and nearly dead on Netflix if you haven't yet

Your mind plays a huge role in everything you do. How you feel, often comes down to mentally what you believe you feel.

7 lbs? Mostly water weight. Also, keep in mind fast weight loss does not equal good weight loss.

Fat, sick, and nearly dead is a joke.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    After reading a friend's update and the following consensus, I might bathe in the juice of mangoes :wink:
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    After reading a friend's update and the following consensus, I might bathe in the juice of mangoes :wink:

At least save what's left of the fruit, for da fibers!
  • Sarah_Likes_Cookies
    Options

At least save what's left of the fruit, for da fibers!

You guys kill me :p Love it!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Nothing needs to be "kick started". You are not a motorcycle. Do your kidneys function properly? Is your liver intact and in good working order? Then I have wonderful news for you: you do not need a cleanse. Your body does that for you all on its own. Hooray science!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You'll lose water weight, be miserable most likely, and then regain your water weight again when you resume normal habits.
    Just keep at a calorie deficit and exercise. There's no need to "jump start" anything.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried a 48 hour juice cleanse with good results? I'm just looking for something to kick start my diet again and then I'll resume my "normal" eating and exercise habits.

Our bodies are cleaning machines.
    Choose exercise and food that is good for you. Your body will take care of you.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

Getting the runs from a 10 day juice cleanse does not mean toxins are coming out of your body
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Just start eating sensibly, at a moderate calorie deficit. Gimmicky "kickstart" strategies aren't necessary or helpful.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    What does Juice actually cleanse?
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    toxins coming out of my body

erm no
  • Maryam4eva
    Maryam4eva Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Getting the runs from a 10 day juice cleanse does not mean toxins are coming out of your body
    Thats strange alot of people that in bark on a juice fast for 3,5,7,10 days actually reports that they feel energized etc etc....When i did the 7 days juice fast back in May i lost 8/9 pounds,i had alot of energy my mental healthy improved alot in just 7 days...

The detoxification in juice fast actually starts from 14 days onwards.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

Thats strange alot of people that in bark on a juice fast for 3,5,7,10 days actually reports that they feel energized etc etc....When i did the 7 days juice fast back in May i lost 8/9 pounds,i had alot of energy my mental healthy improved alot in just 7 days...

The detoxification in juice fast actually starts from 14 days onwards.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/detox-diets/faq-20058040

"Some people report feeling more focused and energetic during and after detox diets. However, there's little evidence that detox diets actually remove toxins from the body. Indeed, the kidneys and liver effectively filter and eliminate most ingested toxins."
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Where/how/why do so many people get this idea? It's stupid, unnecessary, unpleasant, expensive and ineffective.

Eat food, not to much, and move more.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Where/how/why do so many people get this idea? It's stupid, unnecessary, unpleasant, expensive and ineffective.

Eat food, not to much, and move more.

The relative sizes of the marketing budgets for the proprietary detox cleansing systems and the eat less/move more system might have something to do with it
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    The only thing it will kickstart is a binge or a quit or irritability.

Make your "normal" routine your new lifestyle.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I expect the juices I buy to be clean. If it takes 48+ hours to cleanse them, you're buying the wrong juices. :tongue:
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I try to make sure my fruits are clean of pesticides before I buy them. After that of course some of them need a good washing off to clean them of dirt and bugs.

Once that's done, there is no need to worry about cleaning my insides with anything.