Accurate???

Options
mommy2js
mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
Can anyone tell me what it means on the food database when it says "accurate". This seems to be MUCH lower in calories, etc. and I am wondering why

Replies

• mommy2js
    Options
    Can anyone tell me what it means on the food database when it says "accurate". This seems to be MUCH lower in calories, etc. and I am wondering why
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    It's asking you if you can verify the information on that food, which was probably put in there by another user because it didn't show up on the dbase. I have put in several foods and their nutritional information, because I knew I was going to eat it often and didn't want to keep putting it in. Other people, if they use it, can verify that the information is correct or incorrect.
  • mommy2js
    Options
    Oh. Thanks:smile:
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    no one better say mine is lol we have different stuff to you guys and if it is the same i have found i have to enter our lot cause its lower calories or higher there is a huge difference in some of the mcdonalds stuff between the US and here in NZ
    so love that i can put our foods in means we here can log the calories more accurately
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Part of the regional differences in calories is ingredients or portion sizes, but some of it is regulations on food labeling. In the states, manufacturers don't have to count "fiber calories", so in the US fiber one has "60 calories" and here in Canada I think it has "100 calories" per serving. It's exactly the same cereal.

Just FYI. . .
    :flowerforyou:
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Part of the regional differences in calories is ingredients or portion sizes, but some of it is regulations on food labeling. In the states, manufacturers don't have to count "fiber calories", so in the US fiber one has "60 calories" and here in Canada I think it has "100 calories" per serving. It's exactly the same cereal.

Seriously?!? Good Grief, that's retarded. 100 Calories is 100 calories, I don't care what it comes from!

:grumble:

Thanks for the info, viviakay, I had no idea.