Why women are bigger then most men....

Options
Resturant portions are intended for the appetite of a MAN. If a woman eats her entire meal then she has eaten the portion of TWO women.

( As we know, Men's daily caloric consumption is greater then ours.)

We havent included appetizers and dessert......

Ladies the next time you're on a date or out with your significant other, request to have half of your meal brought out, and the other set aside to carry-out!!!

Replies

• srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thanks a very good suggestion. Whenever we eat out I set aside half of everything before I dig in and I only eat half (bringing the rest home). It really helps.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Thanks a very good suggestion. Whenever we eat out I set aside half of everything before I dig in and I only eat half (bringing the rest home). It really helps.

And then I eat the other half when he's not looking

:laugh:
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options

Very Nice! :glasses:
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Actually the portions are too large for men also. Women tend to pack on the pounds when they have a significant other regardless of restaurant portions because they subconsciously think that they can eat exactly what their other half is eating. Unfortunately, our metabolisms aren't as fast because of our lean mass, etc.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :tongue:
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    What I do is order the lunch plate vs the dinner plate.
    Of course you have to go to a restaurant when it's still considered lunchtime lol
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Those portions are even right for men. They should be cautious with eating out as well. The portions are just too large for anyone..
  • pinky1988
    Options
    Actually the portions are too large for men also. Women tend to pack on the pounds when they have a significant other regardless of restaurant portions because they subconsciously think that they can eat exactly what their other half is eating. Unfortunately, our metabolisms aren't as fast because of our lean mass, etc.

Very good point!! My bf is part of the reason I gained so much weight!! :( and he packed on the pounds as well, I'm hoping he'll stick this journey out with me :)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    i never finish a meal at the restaurant and even when I bring it home atleast two of us can share it so gotta agree that it is definitely to much for men as well as woman
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I was able to finish a meal at a restaurant. I almost always bring half of my food home, especially if we're at a chain restaurant like Olive Garden or TGI Friday's. I love it because I get two meals for the price of one!
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Very true. One reason I gained so much weight I think is because I kept eating what my husband ate and he's 6'6" and I'm 5'5". Haha.
  • marniehodges
    Options
    So true! Has anyone ever eaten at Cheesecake Factory? Good Lord- the food on their plates is enough for 3 people! Awesome food though. I wish they had 1/4 portion meals :laugh:
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

haha! ESPECIALLY on a first date! You eat about a quarter of it and bring the rest home...only to bust open that styroform as soon as you get in the door!!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Resturant portions are intended for the appetite of a MAN. If a woman eats her entire meal then she has eaten the portion of TWO women.

( As we know, Men's daily caloric consumption is greater then ours.)

We havent included appetizers and dessert......

Ladies the next time you're on a date or out with your significant other, request to have half of your meal brought out, and the other set aside to carry-out!!!

Yes, men require more caloric intake BUT it is NOT double of ours as you say. Restaurant portions are not made for men either. People from other countries are usually astounded by how much food they get at an American restaurant. Believe it or not, you are only supposed to eat as much as your fist. That is why if you get a "fancy" meal at a nice restaurant it looks so small, but that is how much we are supposed to be eating.
  • emott84
    emott84 Posts: 108
    Options
    When I lived in the UK, I could always finish a meal at a restaurant, and I couldn't figure out why I was always so hungry (I thought it was maybe all the walking and stair climbing). When I came back to Canada for Christmas, I realized that it was actually because there was less food on my plate compared to North American standards!

Even their fast food "sizes" are smaller. I was horrified when I realized how big a Canadian "medium" drink at McDonalds actually was.

I haven't finished a meal at a restaurant since moving back to Canada. Always leftovers in my fridge! (I don't mind the large portions so much as I really like a ready-made meal waiting for me!)
  • pinky1988
    Options
    The point is...AMERICA IS FAT!!!

:drinker: