Human Dog Food

Options
13»

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support everyone but its back to the drawing board for me. I made it through 4 servings yesterday but just couldn’t eat it anymore come dinnertime, I feared my gag reflex would give out on me, lol ;)

The colour and consistency was just too much to bear although the actual taste was good.

I made a raspberry/blueberry smoothie today with milk and tofu to use up some of the package from my experiment and wow, tofu is nasty isn’t it? Everyone argues that it takes on the flavor of whatever you are eating but that is so not true, it still has a taste and a little too much wiggle to be palatable. Luckily the package only cost $1 so to the trash that goes, lol!
  • PokenStick
    Options
    This was epic! Keep trying!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    you are so funny! This experiment is hilarious and I still am in awe that you thought of it, and actually went through with it.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    this was awesomely entertaining.

so what are you going to try next? :laugh:
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hahaha you are so awesome. I have thought such things but was never so bold as to try. I'm curious to see your next adventure.
  • james1111
    Options
    Vega makes protein drinks that pretty much have everything your body needs and they taste pretty good. I bought mine at Sprouts Grocery Store. I bought the Vega Health Optimizer. You can google it and find their website. Hope that helps!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    this was awesomely entertaining.

so what are you going to try next? :laugh:

Thanks so much guys!!

My next plan is to try and make this bar as a baked-good rather as a gelatin product. I'll add whole wheat flour and definitely take out the tofu for taste-sake (maybe I'll add more almonds or something for protein). I'll look at a cake recipe from scratch and use the basic ingredients to make it rise and such like egg beaters and baking powder and then see what else I can stuff in. My blender will still be necessary to avoid spinach chunks. Mmmm spinach chocolate cake, sounds great doesn't it? HA!

Thanks for the vega protein suggestion. I took a quick look at it, it’s quite costly at $75 a jar but I guess I would have to see how many days that would last. If it was $7 a day or so $210 a month is probably fair for the convenience of it.
  • CaliLivChick
    Options
    Heather,

I've actually been looking for a dog food looking substance that is nutritionally balanced for a human. Not to market it, just for a personal experiment. Is there a possibility that you'd be willing to give me the recipe that you've decided is unpalatable? The one in those bar pics that have been floating around? Thanks. =)
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Heather,

You mentioned spinach, blueberries and mango, would fresh spinach be alright or does it need to be frozen? or would frozen just not work at all? Also will any fruits work or must it be in that combination?