I want to be an "After"

Options
FourLynne
FourLynne Posts: 135 Member
We've all read those inspirational stories, seen them on TV, had the advertisements for the latest 'fad" diet thrown our way ... and here I am waiting for it to be my turn, to be an "After!" You know those photo shoots, where they show the big girl or guy as a "BEFORE" and then the new person that was hiding inside them all along, the "AFTER." So what am I going to do in order to make this happen for myself? Funny, you should ask (and even if you didn't I guess I'll share it anywayssssss).....So, today is no different than any other day in the life of Lynne except that I am going to try all over again and see if I can make it this time. I joined a gym, bought a juicer and am reading reading reading on different ideas to re-create my lifestyle so that it sticks this time.

I will be 52 this year. I have a lot going against me with the age thing and years of neglect, but I could be a whole lot worse, and yet I could be a whole lot better, too. I weigh in at 234lbs and am about 5'6" in height. So far, I have managed to dodge the typical "too heavy" resulting in serious health issues discussion from my family doctor. However, I know if I keep going in this destructive direction I know it is not a matter of "if" but just a matter of "when" he will have to report bad news. So time to kick off the excuses and get er done! I've been on this forum before, but I feel a sense of urgency this time to do it right. I hope I will find support along the way and in turn, support others and will be thier inspiration so we may all be "Afters!"

Here we go!

Replies

• seaxx
    seaxx Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey mate,
    I was so depressed about my weight, now that I have done something about it, I feel great, I am 26kgs down overall and it has been so bloody hard, but now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I have about 10kgs to go!

You can do it, when you really put your mind to it.

When I fall off the wagon, I don't think to my self, oh I'll just start again next week, I just start fresh the next day!
    You are the only person that can do it, no one can do it for you!

Good luck, and use my fitness pal forums and apps religiously, I do and so do a lot of other people and it had changed our lives!

Can't wait to see your alters, add me if you want!!!!
  • Sunny_Sunflower
    Sunny_Sunflower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I would love to help anyone get to an after! If you see my profile picture I am very close to an after myself! Friend me, I will accept all. I run constant accountability groups for free!
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! Welcome :) With motivation you can be an after. It will take time and dedication :) Start small first my changing little unhealthy habits such as soda and sugars etc. Gradually start switching to cleaner eating :) You and your family will both benefit! Good luck! :)