Bagels: my downfall

Options
13»

Replies

• crfeen
    crfeen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have bagels practically every day for my lunch!! Yum, love them so much... If you're trying to lose weight then it really is calories in vs calories out... I just fit them into my daily goal :happy:

EDIT - also, bagels are only typically 250 cals each! Which isn't at all bad considering they're quite filling :)

I live in NY! The bagels here are monstrous. Closer to 600cals each. I usually eat half :)
  • sintass
    sintass Posts: 1
    Options
    Bagels are one of my favorite foods too! Especially the chocolate chip ones from einsteins...mmm. Anyways, everything in moderation. I don't see why eating a bagel a few times a week would slow you down at all, so long as it's inside your calorie limit :)
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Im drooling at the thought of a cinnamon and raisin bagel with low fat cream cheese and strawberry jam. Wonder if i still have any in the freezer? Scuse me a minute, brb! ????
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I eat a whole grain bagel every single morning for breakfast. I had no idea they were "bad" for you.
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This morning I made a breakfast sandwich :D Bagel, laughing cow mozzarella, egg whites, spinach, and turkey. It came out to 300 calories. Really filling, really tasty, plenty of calories left for the rest of the day!

I also have bagel thins that I'll eat if I'm craving one later in the night and am low on calories.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    This morning I made a breakfast sandwich :D Bagel, laughing cow mozzarella, egg whites, spinach, and turkey. It came out to 300 calories. Really filling, really tasty, plenty of calories left for the rest of the day!

I also have bagel thins that I'll eat if I'm craving one later in the night and am low on calories.

That sounds great! I normally do egg whites and cheddar cheese on mine!