Is this a problem or am I just not used to being active

Options
2»

Replies

• Stopin_da_yoyo
    Stopin_da_yoyo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Doesnt sound normal....id talk to your doctor ..just guessing could be blood sugar? Blood pressure? Be careful.
  • erbell3
    erbell3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    WTF ARE YOU DOING AND WHERE IS OUR COUCH!

That just totally cracked me up :)
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Okay, first off, this is just my experience.

This happened to me when I was recovering from endometritis and serious flooding (sorry TMI). I was trying to resume my routine too quickly. I never passed out running (a couple of times I had to stop), but I almost did in my taekwondo classes. Fortunately my instructor noticed and made me stop/breathe/get water/cool down before I resumed class.

My symptoms during hard cardio were: dizziness, flushed face, confusion, and occasionally nausea.

I only mention this because others have mentioned possibly low blood pressure, and that plus low iron was what was messing me up (I had lost a lot of blood). My doctor was shocked that I was still working out. I'm paraphrasing, but she said, "Honey, you've lost a lot of red blood cells, and your body will take up to 3 months to make you some new ones. In the meantime, you do not have enough red blood cells to carry the amount of oxygen you need during cardio. Take it slowly."

It did take 2-3 months before I could hit my workouts as hard as I had been, but I got it back.

Now, all that being said, some questions:

1. Does this happen during your TOM and/or do you have heavy periods?

2. Any other incident of extensive blood loss lately?

I don't know your medical history, and our situations are probably vastly different, but I thought I'd throw my story out here in case anything resonated with you. Good luck finding a resolution to your problem.

I hope this wasn't too TMI. Sorry y'all. :blushing:
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hydrate all day not just right before class.

Do you drink a lot of diet pop? I was getting light headed at the gym and a friend of a friend who worked at a gym asked about how much diet pop (with caffeine) I drank (and it was way too much at the time).

I stopped/cut back and it helped but the smart advice is to check with your doctor first.
  • Nt2Badhuh
    Nt2Badhuh Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... Thank you guys...

I drink water all day not just before and during work outs..

I used to drink a lot of diet soda but about 2 months ago I cut back alot maybe one or two a week.

My TOM is real heavy one day then light... no more than 3 days. No other injuries or blood loss.

Im starting to think about this blood pressure thing now too but ive always had good blood pressure.

I really don't know. but I appreciate you guys letting me know this isn't normal.
  • freakhazerd2424
    freakhazerd2424 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Sounds like maybe your bonking, hitting a wall, gassing. Happens to me and I kinda feel like that but it's not a medical thing for me. It's in a point in the work out when my body gets super tired and I hit that wall or bonk. If you fight through it you get energy if you can't fight through it your done.
  • Nt2Badhuh
    Nt2Badhuh Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't know what bonking means.... Ill research it later when I get a moment.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    "Bonking" is just another way of saying running out of energy, sudden fatigue, hitting the wall etc.. It's caused by depleted glycogen and the best way to remedy it is to have some carbs in either food or liquid format. Or slowing down your exercise, but I've found that when it happens to me I NEED carbs to fix it.
  • conniekat8
    conniekat8 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Are you monitoring your heart rate? You may just be going through a period where your heart rate is peaking and you are temporarily feeling oxygen deprived.
    It may be a bonking period too when your body has used up readily available glycogen in the blood and needs to work harder to get them from fat storage (It's a simplistic explanation I'm offering). This may feel like switching gears of sorts, especially during cardio exercises.