A different kind of success....

Options
reneeot
reneeot Posts: 773 Member
SUCCESS: I finally figured out what was causing my sluggish weight loss!! :drinker:

I'm eating exactly the same way except for 1 little change!!!! I managed my calories, fats, sodium, carbs & proteins. But I was missing one thing!! :noway:

I ate too much fruit!! My body for some reason is not handling sugar very well. And I'm not talking about the glucose conversion of carbs.(I'm still eating 100-120 carbs a day). I was eating about 40-60g of sugar a day. 2/3 of it was fruit!

I removed the fruit I was eating (bananas, apples & plums)! I know all fruit lovers are eager to post about fruit is good for you!.. Yes I know it is, I love fruit but for me eating unlimited fruit was not a good thing. And yes I know I can eat berries that are lower in sugar but I don't like any kind of berry. And I get a super fruit blend from my nutrition drink. Hope that answers all "fruit" concerns!!:flowerforyou:

MY RESULTS:

MARCH 15TH - SEPT 7TH:

LBS LOST "6lbs"
INCHES LOST "0inches"

SEPTEMBER 7TH TO OCTOBER 8TH: (When I started monitoring sugars)

6.5 LBS LOST
3.5 INCHES OFF MY WAIST
0.5 INCHES OFF MY THIGHS
0.5 INCHES OFF MY UPPER ARMS
0.0 INCHES OFF MY HIPS

Replies

• caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you found what worked for you! Everyone is different. :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    I am happy to hear you figured it out. Everybodys body is different. You just need to find what works for you
  • ki302514
    Options
    Thanks for that information, your right!!!! sugar in fruits can cause sluggish weight loss, someone just told me the same thing at my job today.
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    i know bananas sugar isnt good, cause my dad is diabetic and warned to stay away from them
  • howardrw
    howardrw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That sounds great, but the body adjust to what you are eating and not eating.

I was on a low-carb diet for about 3 months and didn't eat any kind of fruits due to the sugar, but after my body adjusted, the weight was slow to come off.

So like some of the other posting, everyone's body is difference, but the one thing I have notice is that the body will adjust to what you are doing. That is why some people say to not always eat the same thing.

But it is good t hat you found what was slowing your weight loss and good luck in your continued weight loss.

I hope this information helps.
  • sblowes
    sblowes Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If you cut out fruit, make sure you're still getting enough potassium, which counters your sodium intake. Too much sodium = water retention in the blood.
  • Denssa
    Denssa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nice, I liked your posting. i started working and looking at my calories a little more then a month ago. I have not lost any weight and have not measured myself but dont feel a difference with my clothes.

I dont eat a lot a fruit, but i'm going to print a report for the last month and see where I am messing up.

I workout at least 4 days a week for 60 to 65 minutes on the elliptical and burn 500 - 725 calories.

i'm at my heaviest i have ever been in my life and i do not want to weight 300. I was rejected for life insurance becuase i'm MORBIDLY obese. I hate that word!!!
  • reneeot
    Options
    If you cut out fruit, make sure you're still getting enough potassium, which counters your sodium intake. Too much sodium = water retention in the blood.

I eat potatoes, beans, nuts and veggies and all meats have potassium. I believe the potatos and beans is higher than bananas!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I try to eat at least one serving of fruit. I wake up have a banana with my breakfast.
  • reneeot
    Options
    I try to eat at least one serving of fruit. I wake up have a banana with my breakfast.
    Yummy, unfortunately for me, that would take 1/2 of what MFP allows for sugar. And I actually try and do under the recommended amount.

And my nutrition drink takes up 1/3 of the sugars I'm allowing myself. I use to add a banana in it!!! Not right now though!!

I try to save the sugars for the veggies and starch carbs I eat.

:-)

Renee
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!