How do you go about treats?

Options
2»

Replies

• chelsiebhughes426
    chelsiebhughes426 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you have an Instagram you should follow @unprocessyourfood She has some really yummy sweet treat recipes that I like to follow. Personally right now I'm obsessed with pumpkin and chai...weird because it's summer but I tried her pumpkin power smoothie and eat it in a bowl with 2 of my favorite ginger snaps(they are gluten free but that's just because they are my favorite kind) and I crush it and sprinkle them in with a lights drizzle of honey. Not as good as pumpkin pie...a little less flavorful. I would recommend adding in honey or maple syrup to sweeten as she lists as optional. But if your a fan of something else like fudge, chocolate pudding, banana cream pie, peanut butter cups.... Her account is definately worth looking at.. It offers all natural healthy ways to go about sweets.
  • IAMSHERAPOP
    Options
    Oh do I feel your pain! I do this over and over again. I lose weight and they I get cocky and start to add "bad" foods back into my diet. I go crazy on potato chips and ice cream! I don't know why I do it, I just do over and over. The very definition of insanity! :laugh: I'd like to tell you that I have the answer to your problem, but I don't. I believe that we all need to keep treats in our lives but the trick is not to over-indulge. Easier said than done for most of us I'm afraid. Looks like there are a bunch of healthy treat suggestions coming in from other MFP members. I'm going to note some of these down. Thanks for writing about this topic. If you need a sympathetic ear, send me a note. You can do it. All the best to you!
  • Zoe_lifts
    Zoe_lifts Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Oh do I feel your pain! I do this over and over again. I lose weight and they I get cocky and start to add "bad" foods back into my diet. I go crazy on potato chips and ice cream! I don't know why I do it, I just do over and over. The very definition of insanity! :laugh: I'd like to tell you that I have the answer to your problem, but I don't. I believe that we all need to keep treats in our lives but the trick is not to over-indulge. Easier said than done for most of us I'm afraid. Looks like there are a bunch of healthy treat suggestions coming in from other MFP members. I'm going to note some of these down. Thanks for writing about this topic. If you need a sympathetic ear, send me a note. You can do it. All the best to you!
    Great to hear that someone knows what i'm talking about ;)
  • Zoe_lifts
    Zoe_lifts Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    And i want to order quest bars soooo bad but there aren't many online stores selling it in belgium or the netherlands, and i don't want to order from a country farther away..
    Hope to find them somewhere soon.
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My trick to cravings is "Everything in moderation". Last night for example, I had a bowl of cherry chocolate chip ice-cream, BUT I measured out one serving in a small dish and was happy wish it. This let's me enjoy the things I love without feeling deprived.
    If the thought of eating those foods freaks you out though, perhaps try eating more fiber-filled foods. Popcorn is a great one. You can eat 7 1/2 cups of air-popped popcorn (a fair amount, trust me) and it's only 120 calories!
    Eat more veggies and fruits and less dried fruits. The fiber will fill you up. I keep sandwich bags of baby carrots and celery on the top shelf in my fridge. Makes it an easy grab and go.
    Make sure you're getting enough protein. The protein helps to curb cravings.
    Check the recipes message board. They always have TONS of low cal treats that are super tasty.
    And a little treat from me: Cut an apple in half, nuke it for 3-5 minutes, then drizzle 1 or 2 tbsp of fat free or sugar free caramel on it. Soooooo good!!