Massive binge

Options
I am 19, 6 foot 2, and male. I run 3-5 miles daily, weight train 3 days a week and live a busy lifestyle (eg. always try to be on my feet). At the moment I seem to maintain on around 2800ish calories a day ( I weigh 149 lbs), which is almost all healthy, nutritious food. However, I have a bit of a sweet tooth. I was planning on having a "free" day this weekend where I didnt count calories. However, my curiosity got the better of me, totted up what I ate, and it came to over 10000 calories:frown:

Should I go back to normal and just write it off or try to cut back? Would one day really lead to permanent weight gain?

Replies

• feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't ever try to "make up" for overdone calories by skimping calories on following days. Go back to normal and maintain your workout routine, one day won't kill you. And shoot, I'm 7inches shorter and weigh the same :laugh:
  • Short_n_Plump
    Options
    In theory, it would lead to 2lbs of weight gain so I would recommend slightly cutting your intake for a while to balance it.
    Nothing drastic though
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    My son "could" totally do that and maintain. FTR, he's 14, 5'11" about 135lbs. Yep, a naturally slender boy, very naturally active, and eats like a grown man (duh, cuz he NEEDS to). Of course, he and I don't track his calories, but we've had once in a blue moon "food feasts", where he's able to really pack it in. All. Day. Long.

Don't try to "make up". Just treat it as a one day (which it was--YOUR free day), a refeed, refuel, etc. Tomorrow is a new day.:flowerforyou: