Does anyone want to be my fitness partner?

Options
Hello, all! My name's Sydney, and I've had an idea that I would really like to do with someone; I've noticed that when you are working towards something, it helps if you have someone to talk about it. So if someone wants to friend me, we would message each other every day and tell each other about what we ate, what kind of exercises we did, give each other support and tips, and other things of that nature. I'm 148 pounds, and would like to be 130 by Halloween. The reason I'm not starting now is because I'm going to Florence next week for a month and… well… it would be a shame to not have the food. So I'd start losing weight in August.

Also, I'm vegan. , and have been for two years, but whoever said that vegan food makes you skinny is a liar. However, I've lost a good thirty pounds since I gave up soda, fast food, scary ingredients I can't pronounce, and refined sugars. I love dancing and doing yoga and exercises on youtube, but but sometimes I don't have the motivation, and instead of pilates I do stuff on Netflix. I believe that if you love your body, you stop hating it and comparing it to others, and then you make it's well-being a priority and you listen to what your body needs and all that love and care manifests as beauty.
However, I need motivation. We can motivate each other!

Replies

• Mexquisite
    Mexquisite Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    HI. I would love to be your partner. I am looking for friends to add to MFP because I agree it would be motivational. I am good about logging regularly, I hit my calorie goal 50% of time, exercise regularly *usually* is easier for me (not so much this past month), and I try to follow a vegetarian-like diet. I avoid meat, but have eggs and fish. I also avoid dairy and gluten unless there is a brownie emerrgency : ) I'd love to hear about your vegan meals and think I can share my ideas too that would fit for you. I am trying to lose quite a bit more, 70 lbs. Currently, I am working on the P90x program and jogging, but at my current rate, it is going to take longer than 90 days....
  • ThatDoll
    ThatDoll Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    HI. I would love to be your partner. I am looking for friends to add to MFP because I agree it would be motivational. I am good about logging regularly, I hit my calorie goal 50% of time, exercise regularly *usually* is easier for me (not so much this past month), and I try to follow a vegetarian-like diet. I avoid meat, but have eggs and fish. I also avoid dairy and gluten unless there is a brownie emerrgency : ) I'd love to hear about your vegan meals and think I can share my ideas too that would fit for you. I am trying to lose quite a bit more, 70 lbs. Currently, I am working on the P90x program and jogging, but at my current rate, it is going to take longer than 90 days....

Can I add you both??? I'm also looking for someone to motivate me !
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! I find it's so easy to get lost on this site. And I have found that having partners and accountability is so important to my success. I'm working on loosing weight for a second time (second baby) so I'm repeating what I did after baby #1 and I'm participating in Challenge Groups every month to keep myself focused, on track/accountable, and well supported. Sending cheers your way... best wishes!