ahhhhhhhh

Options
Okay so I'm in college (I just got done with the spring semester) and for some reason, every time finals week comes, I chow down and stop recording and stop exercising and now it's really really hard for me to get back on the ball... especially because I'm back at home now and there is sooo much unhealthy food in our kitchen and everyone else is eating it. Really I just need some advice and/or motivation so that I can get back on track. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. thxxxx
<3 Loretta

Replies

• squankish
    squankish Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Okay so I'm in college (I just got done with the spring semester) and for some reason, every time finals week comes, I chow down and stop recording and stop exercising and now it's really really hard for me to get back on the ball... especially because I'm back at home now and there is sooo much unhealthy food in our kitchen and everyone else is eating it. Really I just need some advice and/or motivation so that I can get back on track. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. thxxxx
    <3 Loretta
  • marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You look great in your photos, you dont look like you have to lose any weight. I live at home now too and there is more unhealthy food than there is healthy. I stop recording a lot too. I just have to remind myself that I have to or I'll never get results. I don't have much advice but good luck :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean!!! Finals are just starting for me, and I am embarassed to say how many calories I ate just today!! It's so stressful. Trying to be healthy on top of worrying about exams is so hard! And working out is the last thing I feel like doing....

Unfortunately I don't have any great advice on how to get back on track, as I too am lacking motivation altogether. But congratulations on finishing your finals!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    This seems like a dumb question but do your mom and dad know you are working on losing weight? Because if not you should talk to them about it, maybe they will let you be in charge of the grocery shopping, or at least have some say. If not then I would say keep a mini fridge in your room and stock it the same way you did while at school, I don't think your parents would be too offended if your meals differed slightly from theirs, least I hope not. You could even take up cooking at home, which I bet your mom would love (who doesn;t like a break) and that way you have more control over it. Exams are over now (yay) so stress-eating be gone! Just do your best!

Ps- you look fabulous:flowerforyou:
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    I have the opposite problem- I'm the mom and the Teenagers want and can eat their carbs. :devil: I keep one section in the freezer and the cabinets for my stuff- :laugh: it is so funny when I can tell when they have looked through my supply of Amy's- rearranged but all there! :bigsmile: Of course my daughter will try any of my food sooo:grumble:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Try to make sure the foods you need to eat are available, log on once a day set up what you are going to eat for the day and try to stick to it. I have many foods I can not have in my house (17 year old boy) but I dont go for the sweets or junk food as long as I have a healthy choice. I dont know if this is helpful but it is getting easier to choose the good food over the bad. :flowerforyou:
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    i thought I was the only one with that problem... Finals just killed my diet. I am up 3 pounds but I am starting over... I dont know how possible that is since I am going to Spain for 2 months...but I will try...... these last 10 pounds!!!!!!
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i'm gonna piggyback on what kerri said-don't be afraid to have your food and meals separate from them. when i lived with the parents during college summers, i'm sure they of course, would have had no problem if i'd had bought and cooked my own meals, i was just too lazy and their food was much cheaper :laugh: but i'm seriously sure that if you explain to them your goals, then they wouldnt have a problem with giving you your own section of the cupboard for your food. i'm sure they also wouldn't have a problem if they didn't eat the same stuff as you @ mealtimes. i don't live with my parents, but i've found that when we have meals together, my mom automatically considers my new life style. we'll start planning what we're bringing and she'll stop and say "is that enough good choices for you?" or "do we need to add something else for you to eat?" maybe they'll start cooking/eating like you anyways! that's what's happened in my fam! don't be afraid to talk to them about the changes you've made and how you want to keep those rollin! good luck:happy:
  • squankish
    squankish Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks soo much to everyone for all the good advice! :drinker: ... seriously you helped a lot. I was completely discouraged and ready to give up and now I feel like I really have a chance at this again. I've decided that I actually will start cooking for my family. I talked to my mom about it and she hates cooking so it was kind of like a mother's day present also :laugh: Now I just need to learn how to cook really healthy nutritious inexpensive meals that my little brother AND my dad will like. That's okay though-- I'm up for the challenge! I have a feeling that the message boards on here will help me a lot with it too. Thank you again. You guys are the best!
    :heart: Loretta