excerise tv---calories burned?

Options
i have at&t uverse and i love it because for free they have a library of excercise tv workouts.....today i did a 10 minute ab workout and a 25 minute jillian michaels (blasting trouble areas) workout...jillians was a lot of cardio and strength training......how do i know how many calories i burned???

Replies

• WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I think the closest thing you can get is pilates..You can look up your exercise database too that has a ton of stuff in it.
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    the best way to find out how many calories you are burning is to invest in a HRM (heart rate monitor). you can generally pick a decent one up between $75 to $100 dollars. However they have some more expensive ones that have lots of other features that you probably would not use. I personally have a Polar F6, and a Polar RS 200 and they both track calories, heart rate, etc.

best wishes on your journey
  • justinswife
    justinswife Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I usually log my dvds under 'Aerobics-high impact" or the Jillian Michaels ones I log under "Circuit Training General"
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I would log the Jillian workout as Circuit Training and the ab workout as calisthenics.