Breakfast cereals?

Options

Replies

• GeminiFitness1
    GeminiFitness1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Original Kashi Go Lean. It has 10 grams of fiber and 13 grams of protein.
  • DG_I_AM_00
    DG_I_AM_00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kashi GOLEAN!
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Kashi Golean is the only regular cereal I'll eat usually and even then only once a week right now. Regular Oats are probably best.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I add fiber powder or flax seed to my crunch berries :) It's the best of both worlds haha
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    "Breakfast:The Least Important Meal of the Day"

Read it and learn something.

If you are fat and love breakfast you will be fat FOREVER!!
    Seriously?! Where do people come up with this BS?
    Your first meal of the day is breaking a fast from the night before when you last ate.
    Even if you eat at 7 am or 11 am or 2 pm w/e.
    1st meal of the day is breakfast.
  • aledba
    Options
    You don't need breakfast for "fuel."

The body has plenty.

If you are trying to lose weight, you DO need to get used to living with an empty stomach.

Skipping breakfast is a good way to begin.

More and more, it is becoming apparent that the stomach itself plays a large role in the obesity epidemic. The neurologic set-up of the stomach is like a small brain. If we continuously assault it with food, it wreaks havoc with out hunger and satiety set-points.
    you are def not making any sense........I can eat all my calories for breakfast or I can eat them all for lunch, or dinner or snack........a cal is a cal is a cal.

So if I'm not binging at another meal....I can eat it whenever I want........and I wake up and look forward to a good protein filled breakfast.

I've lost over 150lbs.....and yes I enjoy breakfast.

Your stomach is not a fuel tank. It is a "pre-fuel" tank.

The real fuel is ATP, which can be made from stored fat and glycogen.

Most people can water-fast for THREE WEEKS at least and have all the ATP they need to function.

What you eat today is not needed to supply your energy needs for the day- though your body will preferentially metabolize your ingested carbohydrates first.

Glucose levels? Maintained by the process of gluconeogenisis.

Have a weight problem? You should NEVER eat breakfast.

Do some reading.

"Breakfast: The Least Important Meal of the Day"
    You need to learn English!!! The first meal consumed in a day is still breakfast. A calorie is a calorie is a calorie. Get over yourself and quit spreading misinformation please!
  • aledba
    Options
    I have been skipping breakfast for years, and usually eat something at around 11 am. If I am busy, I push it back further.

I am typing this at 6 am and just the thought of stuffing my face with a bowl of sugary, crunching crap is revolting.
    You're still breaking your fast then, genius! Just because you can't stomach food before 11 am, doesn't mean you aren't DUN DUN DUN - eating breakfast! Thanks for playing :noway:
  • klinger6395
    klinger6395 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Count chocula
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Count chocula

^is the best cereal EVER!
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    Count chocula

I fully agree. I purchased 25 boxes this past fall since they only come out once a year.

I like the way you think! I will have to do the same. ..it's a shame they're seasonal now. Nothing compares
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I dont recommend cereal to keep you full. The serving size is pitiful once you weigh it out...
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    I dont recommend cereal to keep you full. The serving size is pitiful once you weigh it out...

But it tops beautifully for ice cream!
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    Count chocula

I fully agree. I purchased 25 boxes this past fall since they only come out once a year.

I like the way you think! I will have to do the same. ..it's a shame they're seasonal now. Nothing compares
    Yea, I got the weirdest looks when I was paying for it. I'm like "Yea, I have a problem"

Oh! So the same looks I get when I buy Talenti! :laugh:
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Nice try, dolts.

We all know what breakfast means in the traditional sense.

People associate waking up with chowing down food.

If you are trying to lose weight, this is not the thing to do.
    You just make absolutely no sense at all. None. Get a clue.

But he read a BOOK. It was in a BOOK you guys. So clearly he knows what he's talking about.

Although it is weird that I've lost 63 pounds eating 2300 calories worth of food every day, starting each morning with a double portion of cold cereal with whole milk and chocolate syrup. Maybe I'm a special snowflake?
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Best breakfast ever, keeps you full all morning:

Refrigerator Oatmeal

The night before put 1/3 cup of uncooked rolled oats in a bowl
    1/3 cup of Stonyfield Low-fat Vanilla Yogurt
    1/3 cup Plain unsweetened Almond Milk (really you can use whatever kind of milk you like)
    Add some frozen fruit (Blueberries are my fav),
    nuts, seeds, flax meal, chia (any adition you want or none at all)

Mix together, you can add a little honey or sweetener if you want, I don't, the yogurt covers the sweetness. Cover the bowl and breakfast will be ready in the morning.

I make a big batch on Sunday night, put it in jelly jars and it's goo for the week. Yaaaa, No Cooking!

Thanks!
    I used to cook my oats on Sunday for the whole week, but this is much easier and I can do it for one day at a time rather than a whole batch.
  • triciabh1
    triciabh1 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Kashi's Go Lean Crisp, Cinnamon Crumble and Wheat Chex are usually the only cereals I eat now as they keep me full longer.