Spinach Artichoke Spaghetti Squash- so good :)

Options
Cerakoala
Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
Spinach Artichoke Spaghetti Squash
Calories Per Serving - 2 servings per recipe.

From start to finish this takes about 30 minutes but most of the time is from heating the squash which can be left unattended :)

10 Ingredients

1, Squash - Winter, spaghetti, cooked, boiled, drained, or baked, with salt
3.0 tsp(s), Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup(s), Onion Raw Chopped
1.0 tbsp, Spices - Pepper, black
3.0 clove(s), Garlic - Raw
1/4 cup(s), Cheese - Parmesan, grated
3.0 cup(s), Spinach - Raw
1 can, Artichokes (globe or french) - Cooked, boiled, drained, without salt
3.5 oz, Cheese - Mozzarella, part skim milk (I used the fat free kind)
1 Cup Bertolli Light Parmesan Alfredo Sauce

1. Cut the squash in half and take out all the seeds/inside strings. Cover the top with saran wrap and heat each half in microwave for 10 minutes.
2. While cooking the squash on the stove top heat the oil and add the garlic and onions. Once cooked add the artichokes until heated. Next add the cream sauce and spinach. Cook until the spinach is wilted.
3. Place the squash on a baking pan and use a fork to loosen the insides away from the skin a little. Pour the mixture you just cooked on the stove top and split it between the two halves filling them up. Layer the Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over top and broil until the cheese is light brown.

These are so wonderful and so calorie friendly for a dinner. Just one half and I was stuffed :)

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    A) That sounds delicious. I need to hunt down some spaghetti squash, I loved it as a kid.

B) Holy Shiz, woman! Look at your before and afters! You're a flippin' STAR!!
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I would love to try this, but I've had zero success with spaghetti squash in the past, as in, I couldn't even get the darn thing cut open! Is there a trick to it that I'm just not aware of?
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge artichoke fan, but I absolutely love spaghetti squash and am always looking for new ways to try it. I think I'm going to leave out the artichokes and add in some grilled chicken on top. Thanks!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I would love to try this, but I've had zero success with spaghetti squash in the past, as in, I couldn't even get the darn thing cut open! Is there a trick to it that I'm just not aware of?

I have a hard time cutting it open too. You just have to use a really sharp knife (my chef's knife works best) and kinda manhandle it lol. I've also found that you can cut the stem part off first and start cutting it in half from that end. That made it a little easier on me when I had a really large squash.
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bump... yummmm
  • Cerakoala
    Options
    crharris1029- hahah thats my biggest problem too! I use a butcher knife kndn of thing from my knife block. I use it very carefully and start in the middle and try to cut half first :)

Alatariel75- Thank you :) That was very kind of you to say :)

marie_2454 - When I make it for my mom she does not like artichokes either so I use mushrooms instead :)
  • jwarrell1961
    jwarrell1961 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I pierce my squash rather well with a knife and then cook in the microwave. Once it's cooked it is very easy to cut open. Otherwise I need to get someone else to cut it for me.
  • Cerakoala
    Options
    I pierce my squash rather well with a knife and then cook in the microwave. Once it's cooked it is very easy to cut open. Otherwise I need to get someone else to cut it for me.

Thats a great Idea :) I never thought of that :)
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Alatariel I agree - she is a STAR!!!

I save the pumpkin carving tools that come out in October and use them all year round on squash!
  • Reefshark
    Reefshark Posts: 7
    Options
    A knife and a hammer...lol
  • Debachapman
    Debachapman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck w/ sharp knife piercing s.squash several places (so it won't explode) and nicrowaving the squash before I cut it.
    This recipe sounds good to try! Think I'll add mushrooms too. Yum!
  • Debachapman
    Debachapman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great idea, lol!