Hungier the next day

Options
BreaNix
BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
I am fairly new to MFP and I've been working really hard at being accurate with all of my recordings. I have read all of the newbie stuff and I think that I have a pretty good grasp on everything I should be doing.

For someone that is overweight with more than a few extra pounds after pregnancy I had been under eating. So now I have been forcing myself to eat more throughout the day so as to stay very close to my calorie allotment.

On Friday not only did I eat ALL of my calories but I actually went OVER by about 450. So why is it that when I woke up Saturday morning famished. You'd think that not only did I eat more than usual but I ate WAY more than usual that I wouldn't be as hungry the next day but I was hungrier than ever.

Does anyone know why this is or if its normal?

Thanks,
Nicky

Replies

• BreaNix
    Options
    I am fairly new to MFP and I've been working really hard at being accurate with all of my recordings. I have read all of the newbie stuff and I think that I have a pretty good grasp on everything I should be doing.

For someone that is overweight with more than a few extra pounds after pregnancy I had been under eating. So now I have been forcing myself to eat more throughout the day so as to stay very close to my calorie allotment.

On Friday not only did I eat ALL of my calories but I actually went OVER by about 450. So why is it that when I woke up Saturday morning famished. You'd think that not only did I eat more than usual but I ate WAY more than usual that I wouldn't be as hungry the next day but I was hungrier than ever.

Does anyone know why this is or if its normal?

Thanks,
    Nicky
  • littlespoon
    littlespoon Posts: 165
    Options
    If you undereat regularly, you are going to slow your metabolism down. When you increase your eating, it kicks back in again. Of course if you are in a deficit (which you need to be to lose weight) you are going to feel hungry because your body is always trying to maintain your weight. Hence the balance between eating enough to lose weight and enough to keep your metabolism up.
    Its a good thing!!

Well done; its difficult to get past being worried about eating more!
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    It may also be that you ate lots of food with high glycemic index (ex. sweet) which means they were digested quickly.
  • BreaNix
    Options
    Thanks for the response.

At least I know that there are reasonable resons.