Over half way there....

Options
nam14uk
nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
I logged in this morning and today is my 90th day! Can't believe how fast this time has flown by. I started this journey approaching my 30th birthday and decided that I finally needed to do something to lose weight that I have basically been ignoring for a long time. The weight has been creeping up and up and I hit 192 lbs which I couldn't believe.

90 days in and I have lost 27.3lbs over half way to my goal! I'm so close to losing 2 stone (28lbs) and I never thought I would have been able to do it! The friends I have made on here, the mini goals I set myself and the challenges I am taking part in are a huge factor in my success so far.

I had a little dip yesterday but decided to take my measurements this morning and was so surprised at my results that I wanted to share them with everyone and to tell those that are struggling that YOU CAN DO THIS!! I'm not normally one to share such personal information but if by posting this it helps and encourages even one person then it's worth it...

Ribs - 7.9cm/3.11"s
Waist - 14cm/5.5"
Hips - 13cm/5.1"
Left thigh - 5cm/1.97"
Right thigh - 4.5cm/1.77"

Total loss - 40.4cm which is 15.9inches!!!!! :happy:

That translates to dropping 2 dress sizes and now needing to go shopping! I haven't quite got to grips with photo bucket yet but will try and post some pics later.

I still have a LONG way to go but I'm not giving up and am learning more about myself everyday. I have changed the way I think about food and know that this will be a lifestyle changes as opposed to a faddy diet. I never thought this was possible but by changing eating habits and exercising I've got this far. I have learned that there are no secrets to successful weightloss other than perseverance and determination to reach your goals.

Everyone on here continues to inspire me and I just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all my friends on here for your continued encouragement. We may not have ever met in person and may never but I couldn't have got this far without you! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Your success is astounding and your support has meant so much to me! I'm thrilled for you and I can't wait to see you reach your goal!
    Congratulations!
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    that's awesome, you have the right frame of mind. And you're right it's a lifestyle change not a fad diet. Keep being awesome and doing a great job
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Wow! Those are amazing results! Congratulations and thanks for inspiring us.
    Here's to you!:drinker: Now go shop for some new cute clothes...you deserve it.:happy:
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    those are great results and you ARE an inspiration! especially when you are willing to share information that you would normally not want to, just to help someone else who may be struggling and wanting to give up!
    Thanks for sharing you story and results, so far!!
    keep up the good work!
  • lornawalker
    Options
    Excellent results, you should be really proud of yourself. Thank you for sharing your loss with us, I was having a bad day today and was very tempted by the staff biscuit tin but have just read your post and it has stopped me from diving in. So yes you have certainly helped someone today, thank you so much. Good luck with your lifestyle changes. :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Amaaaazing job!!!! I hope you get the hang of photobucket because I'd LOVE to see some gorgeous pics!!
  • naughtydoguk
    Options
    Well done Mrs!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    WTG!
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Such lovely comments - thank you all so much! It really means a lot!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Congrats Nam! That is wonderful! Your determination and dedication is so inspiring!

Thank you for all your support and encouragement along the way!

Karen
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!