coming up on a hard/ busy time in life....

Options
I need support to keep me on the right track as far as diet/ exercise goes. We bought a house and are closing soon, we have to move everything ourself and my husband can't really help since he works 13 hour days lately. I have a 3 year old and a 9 month old and no family close by. My first home that we were renting out was burned down and our insurance says our tenants did it. My family is not talking to me, and I have to host both holidays this year.

I really need people to support me and remind me to continue to eat healthy and continue exercising even throughout all of this.

Replies

• scmajm22
    scmajm22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This is a really good place for you to be. Great supportive community.
    Now even though times have been tough the best way to approach things is with a positive attitude. I had to move across 3 states with an eight year old and a 4 year old. Family hated me for leaving and it was tough.
    Packing and moving is great exercise. Plus! If you are not moving far think about a storage unit to slowly move non essential items ahead of time so you less you have to worry about on moving day. Then after you get settled slowly empty the unit.
    As far as eating the fact that you are hosting works in your favor. You can plan healthy holiday meals and you wont have to feel guilty or have very unhealthy temptations right in front of you. That is the one thing I love about the holidays since my family is not near by. I plan yummy healthy holiday meals and I feel so good after my meal instead of fat bloated and guilty!
    Hope this helps!!
    Good luck
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Think of all the calories you will burn and muscles you will work out doing all that yourself! True, you get to control the menus, but make sure you take time to enjoy yourself and treat yourself to a few Holiday treats, in moderation of course.

L
  • kirstindr
    Options
    Thanks.

We bought this place thinking that my husband wouldn't be taking command until the new year started, but I guess they discovered that one commander was making racist remarks so they put him in last week. I'm just having a hard time grasping how to do this on my own. If it's anything like it was last week when I was fielding calls from our bank, insurance, property manager, and new realtor I just want to get it done and over with!
  • kirstindr
    Options
    Think of all the calories you will burn and muscles you will work out doing all that yourself! True, you get to control the menus, but make sure you take time to enjoy yourself and treat yourself to a few Holiday treats, in moderation of course.

L

So looking forward to a few holiday treats...I think I'm going to bake an entire batch, keep a few at home and send the rest to work with my husband. I've recently learned how to replace fats with pumpkin in baking and I'm curious to see how it will work with cookies and such.