is it possible to tell?

Options
I don't weigh very often just when I can be bothered and today I was 1lb up i last weighed 2 weeks ago is there any way of knowing if its weight gain or just normal fluctuation? should i weigh more regular?

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh very often just when I can be bothered and today I was 1lb up i last weighed 2 weeks ago is there any way of knowing if its weight gain or just normal fluctuation? should i weigh more regular?

If you're not logging accurately or not at a deficit then it could be weight gain. If you've got everything locked down tight then I usually just chalk it up to my body doing what it does. I prefer to weigh more often but I don't see why you'd have to
  • jamesryanfletcher
    jamesryanfletcher Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Weighing infrequently it can be hard to see what is going on. Daily weight fluctuations of a couple of kilos either way aren't uncommon. I see that you have another topic and that you have just dropped your caloric intake because you don't see yourself making progress.

John Walker has an online tool for creating a smoothed trend graph from daily weight observations. You can find his tools at: http://fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/online/hdo.html

If you weigh every day you also need to not get too attached to each value and keep your focus on the overall trend. If it flattens out, do what you are doing and drop intake, if it gets too steep, add intake.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Thanks that's really helpful im going to give it 4 weeks as ive just changed things up and then I will review
  • jamesryanfletcher
    jamesryanfletcher Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. Please feel free to friend me. I hope you get where you want to go.