aargh! calf injury strikes again!

I dont understand it! why is it i can exercise for months and months without any problems and then one day my calf starts to tweak. i do non impact exercise for a week and then try a power walk this morning only to find myself hobbling home after 15 minutes into my walk as the calf has gone completely.
i dont understand it as it is so random.
not sure what i can even do about it.
feel lost without the ability to do regular exercise.

Replies

• mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Bump.. I had same issue recently.. Keen to see what people say...

I just rested for a week, light walking only... Came right did Lots of stretching and foam rolling.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    I am curious too, my gf gets this every so often she is a runner and it is near the top of her calf that pings
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    I have had the same issue as shmerek describes in his GF where the top of my calf is what hurts - I found a website www.do-it-yourself-joint-pain-relief.com and after two days of aggressive stretching and working through the "Knee Pain" section I was totally pain free in my upper calf area (after suffering painfully for a solid week). Couldn't believe it. Have since used the techniques on the site to also reduce shoulder and hip pains. Highly recommend it. It's free, seems like it's definitely worth a shot...

ETA: My injury oriiginally came on the day after I completed C25K
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    I'm a runner and calf 'aches' are common .. my go to recovery strategy is my Foam Roller (the best thing since sliced bread ... really) and a friend of mine (a PT) highly recommends a Roller Stick.

Good luck.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Thanks for the tips