Aldi

Options

Replies

• kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I love Aldi! You cannot beat their prices. Although I am not impressed with their produce freshness or selection. Maybe it is just the stores around me, but the fruit/veggies always seem to turn brown much faster.

I buy my produce elsewhere.

But everything else, outside of cleaning supplies and paper products, I buy at Aldoi
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I love their prices as well, but the Aldi stores around me have nasty looking food. It might look OK in the store, but within 2 days the produce is bad, the bread gets moldy, etc. I guess it depends on where you live, but around here they are not that great.
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am in Pennsylvania. I have been really lucky with the produce, have never had an issue with it being gross or going bad quickly, thank goodness.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    i LOVE aldi. I don't buy anything not fresh though there, for the most part.

99 cent pinapples this week!

I still have a freezer full of strawberries and blueberries for pancakes and smoothies from when they were 99c each this summer!

We get red skin potatoes there too for about $2 a big bag.

Their milk here is only $1.70 a gal too! and eggs .49! They are local too and hormone free.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I have never had problems with their produce!

Our milk is $0.99 per gallon :tongue: :bigsmile:
  • Moorbs
    Options
    I would rather throw myself in a bunch of stinging nettles than shop at Aldi.

Here in the UK it aint that great. I am always scared of leaving my car in an Aldi car park just incase their sales assistants try and rob it.
  • lina1131
    Options
    I would rather throw myself in a bunch of stinging nettles than shop at Aldi.

Here in the UK it aint that great. I am always scared of leaving my car in an Aldi car park just incase their sales assistants try and rob it.

This made me :laugh:

WTF? It's awesome over here in Texas. :bigsmile:
  • Moorbs
    Options
    I think you guys have higher standards over there, hence why it might be better.

Most people who shop in Aldi over here have webbed feet and are called Bert.
  • lina1131
    Options
    I think you guys have higher standards over there, hence why it might be better.

Most people who shop in Aldi over here have webbed feet and are called Bert.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • colekay
    Options
    OMG I LOVE this store!!!!! I eat alot of salads so i'm going through lettuce like crazy and aldi's helps big time on the grocery bill!!! if you have one near you ....you got to go...!!!!!
  • Moorbs
    Options
    If I could paste a picture on this forum I would show you youre average UK Aldi customer!!
  • lina1131
    Options
    If I could paste a picture on this forum I would show you youre average UK Aldi customer!!

Immediately go to an Aldi store and snap a picture to show us. Do it now. :laugh:
  • Moorbs
    Options
    I have one already.

Cant seem to paste it on.
  • lina1131
    Options
    You have to save it to a photo hosting site. Get the link and put the tags in lowercase.
  • Moorbs
    Options
    Too much hassle and I need some calomine lotion for these nettle stings.
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    who knew a post about aldi's could be so entertaining ahhh
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Im sure you can buy some at aldi's LMAO
    Too much hassle and I need some calomine lotion for these nettle stings.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I used to go to Aldi's all the time when I lived in Missouri. I googled it but seems they don't have Aldi's in Washington State. :grumble: Rats!
  • Moorbs
    Options
    I heard that alot of Aldi produce is the stuff that the UN and NATO couldnt get rid of?
  • Moorbs
    Options
    I also heard they Waterboard difficult customers? I could be wrong but their's no smoke without fire.