Replies

• jsheph1
    jsheph1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Gumbo and sweet potato fries. Delicious. Worth the 700 cals
  • sp33
    sp33 Posts: 10
    Options
    I made a quick black bean soup...yummy! will have an apple and peanut butter for a snack.
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm working on perfecting a recipe to replicate the Kashi brand "Southwest Chicken" frozen entree. I tried it once way back, love it, and decided to make it myself because surely it could be tasty with less sodium. I made a big batch and froze it into portions. This one, alas, is the last of it. Haven't perfected the recipe yet, but now that it's gone, I can give it another go.

[256 calories and 228 mg of sodium in a 10 ounce portion]
  • lmell
    lmell Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm having a rice & chicken burrito w/salsa,no cheese. It's leftover's from last nights dinner. Since lunch is my main meal at this point I can have 2 & still have plenty enough calories left for dinner.
    Everybody's meals sounded so good!!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Spinach salad that includes: corn, black beans, boiled egg, chili lime tortilla strips, and salsa ranch dressing (1tbsp).
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    leftovers...baked chicken breast and a sweet potato. YUM!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,420 Member
    Options
    WEdnesday is my favorite day! I do a double workout then hit Sam's and the grocery store. My reward is my once a week sushi fix. I get brown rice California rolls and boy are they yummy! Good thing I'm not tracking (or worried about )sodium!
  • mrsovernite
    mrsovernite Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm working on perfecting a recipe to replicate the Kashi brand "Southwest Chicken" frozen entree. I tried it once way back, love it, and decided to make it myself because surely it could be tasty with less sodium. I made a big batch and froze it into portions. This one, alas, is the last of it. Haven't perfected the recipe yet, but now that it's gone, I can give it another go.

[256 calories and 228 mg of sodium in a 10 ounce portion]

Once you "perfect it" be sure to share it, sounds yummy!
  • mrsovernite
    Options
    Spinach salad that includes: corn, black beans, boiled egg, chili lime tortilla strips, and salsa ranch dressing (1tbsp).

Where do you buy the tortilla strips and salsa ranch dressing? sounds yummy!
  • mrsovernite
    Options
    I made a vat of organic beef & veggie stew this weekend. I'll be having a tub that I froze for lunch. So yummy!

I would LOVE to have this recipe!
  • mrsovernite
    Options
    Sundried tomato flatbread with turkey, laughing cow & spinach. Yum! Light lunch since I had a big breakfast. I'm a breakfast girl!

Where do you find the sundried tomato flatbread at?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    chicken sandwich on wheat, with low fat Sargento pepperjack cheese.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I got the tortilla strips at Walmart iin the section with the croutons and the Salsa Ranch dressing at HEB (a regional grocery store) but they have it at W-M too. Or just make your own:

1/2 cup salsa
    1/2 cup ranch dressing

I only use ONE tbsp. I put it in a large ziplock and pour my salad greens into the bag and shake shake shake. My own version of shakeology. LMAO