Lite n easy:too carby/sugary?

Options
Hello!
I'm back on the bandwagon after a few months & have about 8kgs to lose. I wanted to do a meal plan so I don't have to worry about having other food available to me (aka to keep me on track). But after day 1, I feel there is so much bread& the snacks are quite high in sugar (plus 2 fruits a day) that I'm scared I won't lose anything. It'll be an expensive exercise if that's the case. Has anyone else in Australia done it when they haven't had a lot to lose? How did you go?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    If you are on the 1200cals a day you should lose weight, and if on the 1500cals do some exercise and you will be fine

Maybe consider just buying the dinners and do your own breakfast, lunch and snacks
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Ok firstly yes I have done, a few times in fact. (There is a lesson there that I will get to)

Yes you will lose weight as it is calorie counted, so provided you eat only the food provided then you will be eating at a deficit and will therefore lose. Their food is reasonably well balanced although too low in protein in my opinion. Unless you are diabetic then there is no reason to restrict carbs or sugars, the deficit is enough.

The downside is that it doesn't teach you how to eat, how to *kitten* how much you are eating. The chances are that within a few months of you reverting back to preparing your own food you will regain most, if not all, of what you have lost. Which brings me back to the fact I have used them a few times, because each time I lost about 5kgs but put it back on again as soon as I stopped.
  • scubaemma
    scubaemma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the dinners and do the rest myself (I can make sure breakfast/snacks etc are high in protein eg Greek yogurt) and I find it's a great balance. I don't know about the breakfast/lunch/snacks but with the dinners it's worth really checking out which options you choose as some are a lot higher in calories or protein etc than others, and with so much choice there are some great options.

My favourite dinners are chicken breast with mushroom sauce, roast beef, steak with pepper sauce, beef casserole, lamb shanks (not the Asian one) and beef stroganoff. Mmmmm, they're yummy!

I have to say I wasn't sure they'd be any good but I actually LOVE my L&E dinners!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I was going to do it a while back when I was studying and working full time, but when I called, they asked about food intolerance and when I told them I couldn't have MSG, they told me I couldn't do L'n'E. I asked if they could just give me the meals which didn't have added MSG, and they said they didn't have any...
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Haven't done that one but it sounds like Jenny Craig / Susan Powder (what she preached - not the liquid diet she practiced in reality) - low fat, moderate protein, and fill the rest with carbs. High carb isn't evil - depending on the exercise half of the equation, you may need high carb in order to sustain what you're doing. But if you need your carb percentage that high, you probably could use two to three thousand calories more than what you get on that diet.
  • Cconnaughton8
    Cconnaughton8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm going to stick to it for a few weeks n see how I'm reacting. Thanks again ;)