Healthy Snacks

Options
I am a big snacker and every Tuesday night, I go to the movies. Which ends with me eating a whole big bag of chips, a bunch of chocolate and a choc top cone. I need ideas on snacks I could either make or buy to take with me so I don't binge out badly, but I still get the enjoyment of eating something nice whilst watching a movie. If it helps, generally I don't eat dinner on a Tuesday, my movie snacks become my dinner.

Replies

• amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    How about buying some of that low calorie pop corn? Sugar free jelly pots? Dried fruit? Nuts/Seeds?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Popcorn just less of it and not the low calorie type as you may as well eat paper for all the taste it has
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am a big snacker and every Tuesday night, I go to the movies. Which ends with me eating a whole big bag of chips, a bunch of chocolate and a choc top cone. I need ideas on snacks I could either make or buy to take with me so I don't binge out badly, but I still get the enjoyment of eating something nice whilst watching a movie. If it helps, generally I don't eat dinner on a Tuesday, my movie snacks become my dinner.

why not just have ONE of those things you listed that you enjoy... theres no need for all of them, but at the same time you dont need to cut everything out to lose weight, you just need a calorie deficit.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Eat dinner before the movie. You may actually enjoy the movie better having a full stomach and not be distracted by your own crunching.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    First I would say you still need to eat dinner which should help you curb that appetite. Nuts and a protein bar (one of the good tasty ones) work great for me and are easy to get in to the movies. But every now and then you deserve to treat yourself so maybe have a little popcorn with butter. Just account for it in you diary and stay below your macros.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I bring my own snacks to the movies. A bag of beef jerky and either a single serving of trail mix or caramel rice cakes and a to-go size peanut butter. A protein bar is another sweet option. Get the smallest popcorn without extra butter and a box of candy if you 'need' movie foods.i can't imagine devouring all of what you do and still feeling well lol!