Victorious Victoria Day Challenge. . .May 11

Options
Happy Mother's day! (to the Moms out there).

So, today I go to dance class for an hour and a half, and I'll walk there and back (1 hour total). I'm also going to try to get an hour of housework in.

So, I discovered yesterday that my favorite spin class gets canceled during the summer, so yesterday was the last one until the fall. I've decided to look for a new gym, as my rates don't get reduced in the summer, but the amount of classes definitely does. Right now, with my work schedule, there's not a single spin class I can get to. I am very complain-y these days. . .I'm trying to get back to positivity.

Happy Sunday for non-reproducers or Happy Mother's Day!

(Sunday for non-reproducers is my own idea. . .somebody call Hallmark!)

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's day! (to the Moms out there).

So, today I go to dance class for an hour and a half, and I'll walk there and back (1 hour total). I'm also going to try to get an hour of housework in.

So, I discovered yesterday that my favorite spin class gets canceled during the summer, so yesterday was the last one until the fall. I've decided to look for a new gym, as my rates don't get reduced in the summer, but the amount of classes definitely does. Right now, with my work schedule, there's not a single spin class I can get to. I am very complain-y these days. . .I'm trying to get back to positivity.

Happy Sunday for non-reproducers or Happy Mother's Day!

(Sunday for non-reproducers is my own idea. . .somebody call Hallmark!)

:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I second the Happy Mother's Day to all - but especially to Julie, Niccole, Karen, Vicky, and AD - we miss those that haven't checked in for a while.

I forgot to tell y'all about the AWESOME sale at the University sports center. They had steps for...wait for it...wait for it...$5. Not kidding. I bought two without thinking, what the hell am I going to do with the other one? :laugh: Four risers were $2, and I bought two of those as well - and some clothes and goggles (for the ocean). So, if anyone is around central texas and wants to have a step of their own, I have an extra. It was very hard to carry the two steps (husband carried the risers) all across campus, and I had red marks on my arms all day - but worth it! Those things retail for $100. I may not care about clothing but get me to a fitness sale, and I go wacky.

Anyway, yesterday I got up and went to my strength class and did 20 minutes of yoga. Today I'm going for a walk (thank you cool front) and maybe doing some elliptical. The dry line ahead of the cool front did make for some spectacular hail - too bad my car was in it :grumble:

Good luck finding a new gym V.

I'm a non-producer - but who would give us gifts? The zero population growth people?
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Happy Sunday & Happy Mother's Day too!

Sorry to hear about your class Viv-I'm sure I would feel the same if my DVD player bit the dust. Great deal on the steps Mary!

I did BL Sculpt this morning before anyone woke up & just as I was finishing, my oldest son & his wife & my grandson came over and my daughter made us all breakfast:love: . I also got a dozen roses and my Mother's Ring! :heart: After breakfast my five year old and I got a walk around the block in before the mesquitoes could get us...they are so bad here right now we don't even dare go outside unless there is a breeze.:angry:

I hope everyone has a great Sunday:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I just have to share that in bellydance class I burned 525 calories today. (Last week it was 245). What gives? Do you think my immune response/allergies could account for that? Maybe I felt particularly energetic today, so I worked harder without even thinking about it.

Oh, and Mary, I'm so jealous of your step deal! I'm definitely going to ask the gym at university if they ever have a similar sale. I measured, and I'd be able to slide a step under my sofa. (hey, my apartment is teeny.)
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I just have to share that in bellydance class I burned 525 calories today. (Last week it was 245). What gives? Do you think my immune response/allergies could account for that? Maybe I felt particularly energetic today, so I worked harder without even thinking about it.

Oh, and Mary, I'm so jealous of your step deal! I'm definitely going to ask the gym at university if they ever have a similar sale. I measured, and I'd be able to slide a step under my sofa. (hey, my apartment is teeny.)

Well, duh. I was trying to think where to store it. Thanks.