Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

will I lose muscle with this diet?

My TDEE is 2400 calories. From Monday to Saturday I eat around 1000/1200 calories, but on Sunday I eat 2600 calories.
I exercise on almost every day and I sometimes fast for 24 hours or the warrior method. My results are pretty good, I lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks.

Im really fat(5 ft 7, 210 lbs, male) so I thought maybe my body would use fat first and when my fat storage is almost empty then it would go to my muscle.
Can someone help me?

Replies

• no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    With a deficit that extreme you probably will lose muscle. But you can minimize it by continuing to lift weights and eating enough protein (1g/lb you weigh), although that may be difficult with those calorie restrictions. I would go up to at least 1600-1700 cal/day.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    You will lose muscle on any diet. That's just a fact. What you want to do is minimise that though. I'm a man 191 pounds Yes a wee bit taller than you 5 11 but I eat over 2000 calories most days and still lose weight. As a man you really should be eating far more

This link will help

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Very likely you will lose more muscle than you want to on that extreme of a calorie deficit. With a 20% deficit from your TDEE, that gives you an average daily of 1920 per day. That's 13440 per week. So if you still want to do 2400 on your splurge day, that's fine but make sure you don't go any lower than 1800 on those days. That still gives you plenty of calorie deficit to lose while giving your body the nutrition/fuel it needs.

Also make sure you're doing some strength training and eating at least 30% of your calories in protein.