6 months of not losing weight.

Options
I'm getting really frustrated.
I've been eating healthy and doing some moderate exercises for 6 months.
I've done T25 twice, and I pole dance regularly.
And yet I have not been able to maintain any weight loss in the past 6 months.
I will loose a couple of pounds and then gain it back, even though I haven't changed anything.
I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do.

Here are my specs:
I'm 4'11"
I weigh 188.8
and I am trying to get to 110-115
Just to shed that last little bit of extra.

You'd think 4-8 lbs would be easy enough,
but now its becoming frustrating as hell.

Also, please do not tell me that I do not need to lose weight, I am asking for help so that I can get that last bit off,
not a lecture. I have already spoken with my doctor about my healthy weight range.

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    how many calories a day are you eating?
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I assume your current weight is 118.8? Not 188.8?

On your small frame, I think it's OK to try to lose the last little bit. But, it's going to depend on your calorie intake. Eating healthy foods can still put you above your calorie goal.
  • LaneB89
    LaneB89 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Doesn't compute - you weigh 188.8? You said "you'd think 4-8 pounds would be easy enough", so did you mean to say you currently weigh 118.8 instead? So that losing 4-8 pounds would put you at a goal of 110-115? If you weigh 118, you're going to have to be very particular about how much you're eating because your TDEE isn't going to be very high at that height/weight. If you weigh 188 like you typed and can't lose any weight, you aren't eating healthy.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    you can exercise all you want but if you are not in a deficit you won't lose weight.

Military PT does not guarantee weight loss...otherwise we wouldn't have overweight people in the military...and I am speaking as ex military.

To ensure you are in a deficit (esp this close to goal) and because you are lean now anyway you have a very small margin for error.

Do you weigh your solids? measure liquids? log everything? accurately and consistently?
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but you can't expect to receive any advice with a closed food diary.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You weigh a lot less than me, and are a completely different sex, so im sure things are different in a few aspects lol.

Although not currently, but in my few successes with weight loss whenever I hit a brick wall, I switched it up. You should switch a routine up every few months, either by adding longer times or intensity to your workouts. Any availability to weights? Lifting weights does some serious wonders for weight loss. Also not sure of your eating arrangements, but from what I read, about 45% to 65% of calories eaten should come from carbohydrates, 20% to 35% of calories eaten should come from fat, and 10% to 35% of calories eaten should come from protein.

One more thing, try switching up the way you are tracking progress. The scale may not be moving, but that doesn't mean you aren't making physical progression. Pictures, measurements--all much more effective in seeing your progress.
    Hope you can get it figured out!

So long as you keep working at it, you can't go backwards.
    Good luck
  • sarcasmbunny
    sarcasmbunny Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I apologize, I am 118.8
    My diary is useless as I have been gone for the past few weeks with my unit.
    I usually eat:
    Small breakfast, oatmeal with a coffee.
    For lunch I have a ham sandwich, bell peppers, triscuts and cheese,
    and for Dinner, I generally have either chicken breast with asparagus and cherry tomatoes, or a boca burger with lettuce, mustard and a tomato with a pickle.

I'm a pretty habitual creature. I generally drink 6-8 cups of water a day, occasionally I will have an energy drink.

Generally I eat between 1200-1600 a day. Depending on how busy I am. I try to eat more than 1200 because I am aware that going below your BMR can be catastrophic to weight loss.

I do PT with the military, which I know is not enough, pole dancing(recreational!), I try to run 2 miles every other day.
    I haven't been hitting the gym the past few weeks because mine was under renovation, which should be done soon.
    In which case I do full body weight lifting.

My issue is this simply, I'd be totally fine with the weight I am now if it wasn't for the fact that I am seeing very little improvement in my body. I am able to do more, but my measurements haven't changed either, and my body fat index hasn't really budged.

I'm thinking maybe because I smoke? Which I have signed up for quit plan and am in the process of picking a firm quit date.
    Hope this update helps?
  • sarcasmbunny
    Options
    What is TDEE?
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Read here :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

and I am prior Army so don't rely on PT for anything .. but good bodyweight training (but doesn't progress) lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Maybe swap the running for resistance/strength training 3/4 x a week. Ditch the scales and work on reducing your bodyfat.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Barring a medical condition, when does it not come down to "more exercise and/or fewer calories"?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    How much you eat matters more than what you eat. Your lunch itself could be from 500 to 1000 calories or more.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Accurate and diligent tracking is crucial for those last few lbs. Do you use a food scale? How are you estimating exercise calories burned?
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have had trouble losing and have a LOT more to lose than you. Very accurate measuring and weighing and logging of your food is key. When I can do that - I can usually get losing again. I have also lost volume but not necessarily lbs on the scale.

You may want to adjust your calories so that you are losing .5 per week - a smaller deficit.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Those last 4 to 8 are the hardest to lose. I would try strength training.
  • sarcasmbunny
    Options
    Accurate and diligent tracking is crucial for those last few lbs. Do you use a food scale? How are you estimating exercise calories burned?

I do not have a food scale,
    But I use a hart rate monitor with a chest band to measure expended calories.
  • sarcasmbunny
    Options
    How much you eat matters more than what you eat. Your lunch itself could be from 500 to 1000 calories or more.

I try to use mostly organic, and low fat items with my lunch.
    I will admit it is my biggest meal of the day.
    Its quite difficult to cut that one down because I work a desk job, which I am sure most of you do as well,
    and I find that eating a larger meal for lunch prevents me from snacking throughout the day.