SL 5x5: Three Month Progress Update (with pics)!

Options

Replies

• Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Great job, Lyndsey! Looking good!
  • douglasjv
    douglasjv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been lurking around threads on MFP SL 5x5 - even signed up for the emails from Medhi - which are great. I plan to try it out when I finish the weight loss phase and into maintenance. Great results - I am really motivated by the increase in weight lifted. I got the programme spreadsheet from Medhi and was slightly sceptical that someone could increase their lifts in that period of time. 10/10 to you. Now off to read your blog!
    If you're going to lift there's no better time than now to begin. I know it sounds appealing to hit that magical scale number and then build from there, but it's so much easier to start lifting early on. Take it from someone who was recently focusing purely on weight loss. I'm three pounds above where I was two years ago, but two years ago I got there through weight training and the difference is stark.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Dat arm!! Nice
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    great progress in strength and body comp!
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    good job

I wouldnt move to isolated workouts unless you have plateaued.
    Keep getting those beginner/novice gains till they stop.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Great job! I purchased the book about a month ago to start the program and . . . . . lets just say I'm STILL on page 15. Guess I need to pick that book back up and be committed.

Love seeing these kind of posts/results from lifting :flowerforyou: .
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! I am just finishing stage one of NROL4W and am so happy to see I have many more programs to work when I finish this one! You reminded me that I really need to be taking more progress pics!
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job!!!
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your SL 5x5 progress! Great job! Have been doing it myself, but I would also recommend continuing until plateau. Mehdi mentions 12 weeks because that;s a good time frame, but your gains on the initial program can continue far beyond that!
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Fantastic results!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt move to isolated workouts unless you have plateaued.
    Keep getting those beginner/novice gains till they stop.
    Congrats on your SL 5x5 progress! Great job! Have been doing it myself, but I would also recommend continuing until plateau. Mehdi mentions 12 weeks because that;s a good time frame, but your gains on the initial program can continue far beyond that!

I've already had to tweak the program in order to go up in weight. According to the Strength Standards site, I've reached Intermediate level on all of my lifts. I'm definitely not going up 5lbs each workout anymore - far from it.
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Great job. Looking awesome
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Love the python pics! <3 I booked marked your blog for future reference. ^-^
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Yum
  • nevertoooldtodoit
    nevertoooldtodoit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Nice work! You make it sound so doable in your blog, thanks.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Great transformation!! :-) You look fabulous! Thanks for going into great detail about your lifting/eating routine in your blog. It's very clear and helpful.
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Your arms look fantastic! Well done.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I think you are awesome! =P
  • snoopie212
    snoopie212 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look great! I am also doing stronglifts, but I am having difficulty up'ing the weight each time - it seems like you had no problem based on where you started and ended. I had to start at 20 lb barbells (curl barbell) and am up to 40, but I can't seem to make it to 45 to lift the bare barebell! Was there something that helped you?

Also you have fantastic shoulder definition - while I am getting upper arm muscle definition, i still don't see shoulder definition - was there a point when that kicked in? Or do you any other weight lifting? I admittedly really would like well-defined shoulders.

Thanks and great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!