Not really a successful story

wise_wind
wise_wind Posts: 47 Member
This is not really a success story but as of today I have lost 10kg. =)

Its not an easy task. Had to give up so much of my favourite comfort food. No sugar drinks.

There were weeks whereby I only lost 0.2 kg or even lost nothing at all.

I still have 21kg more to go. I hope I can achieve it by end of Jan next year. =)

Replies

• rhina23
    rhina23 Posts: 212 Member
    Why are you saying that is not a successful story?
    Try to imagine 10 kg of butter ( that s what some people here told me when i was new) or maybe 10 kg of potatoes.

That is a lot , right?

Keep it up! You re doing a great job!
    Take it slowly! The slower, the healthier you get!
  • Ajaay
    Ajaay Posts: 71 Member
    That is a success! Great work!
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Great accomplishment! If you don't think it's a success, try putting 10kg of weights in a bag and carry them around for the day. It's an experience that will demonstrate how much you've really lost. Also, I recommend you figure out a way to alter your diet and exercise program to keep a deficit without completely giving up everything that you love. All things in moderation is a much more sustainable approach if you're in this for the long haul.
  • rhina23
    rhina23 Posts: 212 Member
    Great accomplishment! If you don't think it's a success, try putting 10kg of weights in a bag and carry them around for the day. It's an experience that will demonstrate how much you've really lost. Also, I recommend you figure out a way to alter your diet and exercise program to keep a deficit without completely giving up everything that you love. All things in moderation is a much more sustainable approach if you're in this for the long haul.

^ ^ agree!

I need to give up some food to be able to give in to my drumstick ice cream craving. Also, if i want to eat some sweets like cupcake, i add maybe 10 mins of exercise like dancing , etc.
  • wise_wind
    Thnks for your kind words guys. =)

I should be happy that I have managed to lose so much weight.

But I don't see any difference when looking at myself in the mirror. Maybe I should lose another 10 more kgs to see a significant difference in my appearance. =)
  • ferasaldarmi
    ferasaldarmi Posts: 29 Member
    Awesome! I would love to lose 10 KG and show it off to everyone! You should be very proud of yourself!

Feras
  • wise_wind
    Thnks Feras! Good luck and hope to see your success story here soon too =)
  • jmacavoy
    jmacavoy Posts: 19 Member
    Last night I put 42lb (19kg) of weights in a rucksack and tried to carry it up the stairs. I could not believe I had carried that weight around with me and it gave me a buzz to feel how far I have come so far. It really helped me to push on for my last 8lb. Try it, put 10kg in a bag and carry it round for 10 minutes. You will soon feel how 10kg is a great achievement.
  • mom2aeris
    mom2aeris Posts: 98 Member
    It's definitely a success! It's absolutely ok, and indeed sometimes necessary, to celebrate small wins and big wins. You're doing great!
  • wise_wind
    Last night I put 42lb (19kg) of weights in a rucksack and tried to carry it up the stairs. I could not believe I had carried that weight around with me and it gave me a buzz to feel how far I have come so far. It really helped me to push on for my last 8lb. Try it, put 10kg in a bag and carry it round for 10 minutes. You will soon feel how 10kg is a great achievement.

Thnks for the encouraging words mom2aeris and jmacavoy =)

And congrats to jmacavoy for losing 19kg ! Its a great achievement. =)

Good luck in losing the last 8lbs. =)
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Did you take "before" pictures? Take comparison shots for every 10 lb you lose, body and face. You'll be amazed at the changes you see. 10 pounds is a lot!
  • Kazzam33
    Kazzam33 Posts: 210
    This is not really a success story but as of today I have lost 10kg. =)

Its not an easy task. Had to give up so much of my favourite comfort food. No sugar drinks.

There were weeks whereby I only lost 0.2 kg or even lost nothing at all.

I still have 21kg more to go. I hope I can achieve it by end of Jan next year. =)

That's totally a WIN for you! Next time you do your grocery shopping get 2 baskets & fill each one with 5kgs of something, be it potatoes or whatever & walk around the supermarket with it for a half hour. See how unimpressed you are then. I bet you'll be amazed.

Good work darlin' :drinker:

Edited to mention: I didn't read through the feed above to see this was already suggested just read the OP & replied.
    Still great work!
  • Its a great success dear....never be disappointed... thumbs up for you
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    congratulations for you..
  • Bagpuss_Janet
    Bagpuss_Janet Posts: 17 Member
    Have you taken photos? I've lost a similar amount to you and I was surprised when I looked at a recent pic of me wearing the same clothes at just what a difference my loss had made to me. Keep gpong. :)
  • pippabc
    pippabc Posts: 81 Member
    Well done to you, what an achievement! Wishing you well for the rest of the way to your goal.
    I've lost 8kg so far (after a long time, going slowly down and up!), and am really looking forward to reaching the 10kg mark :0)
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member

But I don't see any difference when looking at myself in the mirror. Maybe I should lose another 10 more kgs to see a significant difference in my appearance. =)

It's just that you are so used to your body you won't notice the gradual changes. Measure yourself. Dig out some clothes from 10kg ago and try them on. There is a difference! :-)
  • FightingFitMom
    FightingFitMom Posts: 80 Member
    You have lost 1/3rd of your total target.. I dont see reason why its not a success.. ;-)
  • edm1000
    edm1000 Posts: 2 Member

I know how you feel, I too have lost 10 kilos but don’t feel like it’s a success as I still have so far to go. I think it counts as a success if you’re happy with the results, I can’t tell any difference in myself, other than I feel a little more healthy than I did when I started, the last few weeks have been a real struggle as I’ve actually gained weight but I’m determined not to let it get me down. I have a 10kg weight on my desk, its grown from 1kg and hopefully will keep getting bigger, looking at it and picking it up helps keep me motivated. Its hard work, but keep going and thanks for posting, it’s nice to see others that feel the same and have the same goals as me.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    That's amazing, well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!