ACCIDENT

ashlee954
ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
So, I was in a pretty bad car accident on Monday morning on my way to work. A woman pulled out into oncoming traffic. I didn't even have time to brake. Two deployed airbags and an accordion style hood later I jumped out of the car in fear that it would explode. Maybe I watch too many movies? Anyhoo, I have a bruised sternum and ribs, a torn muscle in my back, and bruises all over. It could have been much worse and I am grateful to be alive. She is uninsured of course but I have uninsured motorist coverage. I am in a rental and back to work today. No exercise for a week per my doctors orders. But lots of stretching is ok!

Replies

• brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 526 Member
    Thank God you are okay!! Take the week off and RELAX a bit!!!!
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Thank God you are safe...
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    OMG!!!!!! Thankfully no explosions and you made it through ok. Don't fret about the no working out. Your nerves will probably be getting the best of you right now!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    How awful! Good to hear that you are safe x
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Sounds like you are doing well considering........and I must watch too many movies too because I might have jumped out too :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Take it easy and rest so you make a speedy and full recovery :flowerforyou:
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    I am greatful that you are alive also. I definitely know your pain. I had a bad accident in April of 2007, and was not able to do anything, and was hardly able to walk. I pray for a speedy recovery for you. Keep us updated on how you are doing.
  • ashlee954
    Thanks everyone. Things like this really put life into perspective. Amidst all of the stress I am in a really great mood. That's God for ya!
  • So scary! Glad to hear you are okay!!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    The best thing that I did after a bad car accident was have the Dr. Send me for Massage Therapy. I did it through a physical fitness rehab location for 6 months. I truly believe that in the long run, I was able to recover much better without the long term effects because of it. I also did hot tub therapy too. It is different than physical therapy but with a massage therapist.
  • ashlee954
    The best thing that I did after a bad car accident was have the Dr. Send me for Massage Therapy. I did it through a physical fitness rehab location for 6 months. I truly believe that in the long run, I was able to recover much better without the long term effects because of it. I also did hot tub therapy too. It is different than physical therapy but with a massage therapist.

That sounds awesome. My dr did refer me to PT but maybe I will mention this to her. Thanks!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Thank God you are ok!
  • Ouch, get well soon, uninsured motorists.......... WTF, who does that?
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    OMG! So scary! Glad you're ok!!!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    So, I was in a pretty bad car accident on Monday morning on my way to work. A woman pulled out into oncoming traffic. I didn't even have time to brake. Two deployed airbags and an accordion style hood later I jumped out of the car in fear that it would explode. Maybe I watch too many movies? Anyhoo, I have a bruised sternum and ribs, a torn muscle in my back, and bruises all over. It could have been much worse and I am grateful to be alive. She is uninsured of course but I have uninsured motorist coverage. I am in a rental and back to work today. No exercise for a week per my doctors orders. But lots of stretching is ok!

Bloody hell thank God you are OK!!

Here's to a speedy recovery, look after yourself and don't worry, you will get back into it in no time xxxxxxx
This discussion has been closed.