Day 2 Quitting Smoking!!!

Options
Grr It's killing me! lol I can't find that thread that was started where someone else was quitting, so I figured I would post a new one! Anyone out there torturing themselves like I am? hehehe No, really I know it's what I need to do for my health and for my lil baby. I wouldn't want her thinking that smoking is cool..ugh. Happy Mother's Day all! lol

Replies

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Grr It's killing me! lol I can't find that thread that was started where someone else was quitting, so I figured I would post a new one! Anyone out there torturing themselves like I am? hehehe No, really I know it's what I need to do for my health and for my lil baby. I wouldn't want her thinking that smoking is cool..ugh. Happy Mother's Day all! lol
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Losing weight, quitting smoking AND a new baby? That's alot to tackle all at once! Best wishes. We're here for you :flowerforyou:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    way to go, lauren! maybe you should take up gum chewing (sugar free of course and don't forget to log those 5 cals):laugh: lol lots and lots of it! lol :laugh: just kidding! good for you and you're exactly right about her growing up thinking that's the norm! good for you! stick with it! happy mother's day, smoke-free mama:wink:
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Thanks guys! I did buy some sugar free gum and some sugar free hard candies. I'm brushing my teeth alot too lol I do notice it makes me want to eat more...guess it's time to chop up some carrots or something lol!
  • annielouise
    annielouise Posts: 29
    Options
    I did this 3 years ago and I support you 100% - it's a hard one!!:explode: But you have lots of support around you and with some hard candy and lots of crunchy stuff - celery, carrots, melba toast - you can do it. I also found keeping my hand occupied was essential - knitting, needlework, a squeeze ball, writing, whatever works!! Your children will thank you as will your lungs!! YOu are totally fabulous.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Stopped smoking this past September. Sometimes I miss it. But, its better not smoking. Just tell yourself that it is much more healthier not to smoke.

Tough not eating at first but it will pass. I did it cold turkey. Doctor showed me x-ray of my lungs. Not a good thing.

Have a great day
    Keep it up
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've never been a smoker but my ex-husband was and it was so hard for him to try and stop. I think it is a wonderful accomplishment! Keep up the wonderful work.
  • Haworth
    Haworth Posts: 1
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day!

You are doing a wonderful thing!
    It's is hard at first, but it does get easier.
    I have now been quit about five years.

Take a look at:

http://nj.quitnet.com/

You will find heaps of support there!
    My profile is: padme

Wishing you all of life's best!
  • ciekay
    ciekay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Lauren!! :flowerforyou: I quit 7 years ago(after smoking for 15 years)...and I KNOW how hard it is....Just keep looking in the eyes of that beautiful baby and know that you are doing the right thing...
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Thanks again! I started smoking right after my dad died when I was 11 years old..so I've been smoking for 11 years already and I'm only 22! ugh..that's awful, I keep getting bronchitis and I get short of breath..I know now is the time to quit b4 Taylor realizes that I smoke lol. Thankyou all for your support and tips, I really appreciate it! For the past week I cut it back to like 5 smokes a day down from 20, so it's not as horrible as it could be I guess. I'm not having any physical withdrawals I just WANT one lol.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Congratulatins:flowerforyou: I haven't quit yet after over 30yrs of the dirty habit. I really admire you for quiting. Hang in there you have made it this far. And Congrats to all of you for having kicked the habit.:drinker:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Congratulations:flowerforyou: my husband quit after smoking heavyly for 35 years ( he used the patch) and I quit 2 years later cold turkey ( I only smoked a half a pack a day) What helped me was that I wrote down all the good things I liked about:smokin: and then I wrote down what I didn't like. I picked a week where I knew I wouldn't have too much stress (on vaccation) and quit. I now enjoy not having bronchitis, fresh smelling clothes( well not so fresh after exersizing) more money ( I still don't have more:huh: ) having to go outside in snow and rain ( couldn't smoke at work)
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! 2 days may not seem like much but it's huge, keep it up. I'm at 2 months now and it does get easier!!
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    ok..I almost went out and picked nasty old butts out of my butt can outside..lol help! No..I am not going to, but I need to get out there and clean that can out b4 I do, but I'm afriad if I go out there I'll smoke the nasty cig butts..lol I would ask hubby to do it, but he shouldn't have to, he doesn't smoke. I guess I'll just wait until I'm feeling sure that I won't! Congrats to all of u who have quit, and JOIN ME to those who haven't! Misery loves company! lol
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it. I'm sure you quit smoking while you were pregnant and if you could do it then you can do it now. :flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    I did actually quit while i was pregnant..lol but it didn't seem as hard then 4 some reason, I guess because I was doing it for her not for me..
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    well you're still doing it for her. she's still breathing in nasties even if you don't smoke in the house, it's on your clothing and hers so look at it that way if it helps you to quit :flowerforyou: