by returning to normal diet, will my weight go back down?

Options
Hi!
So basically I've been hoping to drop from my current weight (around 130) down to 115. Around 2 years ago I was a huge runner and weighed around 100 pounds so being 130 has been a bit of challenge for me (none of my clothes fit, feel totally insecure)
I know it's not a bad weight and all but I would just feel better getting it down
Anyhow- hardly 2 months ago I weighed around 122 but finals came around and I guess I seriously and unknowingly ate my feelings and gained 5-8 pounds....here's my question at last: If I return to my normal, healthy diet (sans cookies, sodas, various combinations of weirdness I found in my fridge and more yogurt, fruit, veggies) do you think I'll return to be at least 125?

btw: I'm definitely going to be adding some exercise (aiming for 30 mins of running, 1 hour biking, 40 minutes of walking the dog--all of this spread out throughout the day) so hopefully that will help

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    It's not the type of food you eat it's how much you eat.

I eat cookies, soda, french fries, fried chicken, chocolate etc and still lost weight.

Just set your goal to 1/2lb a week and eat those calories and make sure it's accurate by logging everything accurately and consistently by weighing food measuring liquids and you will lose weight.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    The answer really is that it depends. There's no way of knowing without knowing what your maintenance calories are now and how many calories you'd be eating when you go back to "normal."