Inconsistencies with scales..

Options
Anybody found this? Scales at my parents and my scale at home both read differently, bought another electronic today which puts me 1/2 a stone more than the scales at my parents!!

Replies

• Brady_
    Brady_ Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    story.of.my.life I HATE IT!! sooo annoying.
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    Weigh something that you know the weight of, like a bag of flour, and see if its accurate. Scales need to be calibrated. Also, the is no telling how old the scales are at your parents house.
  • sarahleelee
    sarahleelee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    They're all going to weigh you differently, since no scale is 100% accurate and you'll step in it differently every time.

The best was to track weight-loss is pick one scale and only weigh in on that one! Plus, it's not really about the number in the end; the scale is a device to help track progress. :)

Best of luck!
  • micah2009
    micah2009 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yeah. The one at my house weighs different than two in the gym I use once a week. Just denote your last weight on "that" scale if you are using it for tracking.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    story.of.my.life I HATE IT!! sooo annoying.

shannon you are the queen of this
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I kinda like what my Wii Fit board says..... it always weighs me in at 35-40 pounds LESS than what I do weigh. Occasionally it will get it right, then I get the "o, you gained weight"... lol. The only time my bathroom scale has been inconsistant was when the battery was running out. The doctors scale is consistantly 3 pounds higher than mine, but probably because I am wearing clothes at the doctors office!