The Inevitable Doom of Having to Wear a Bathing Suit

Options

Replies

• jenbray1
    jenbray1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wear feels comfortable to you. There will ALWAYS be someone who looks worse in their bathing suit, and they are comfortable enough to wear theirs, so you should be too. Have fun on your vacation!
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, you're probably not the only person a little self conscious at the beach. I'm sure a lot of people are too busy worrying about their own perceived flaws to notice yours.

Just go and enjoy yourself.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    You don't need a bathing suit. Shorts, sports bra and a tank top.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Some things you can't change:
    When the vacation starts
    What your body will look like between now and then (not a large change)
    What people will think of your body

One thing you can change:
    How you view yourself.

Accept that you put on some weight, wish you hadn't, but now live in the reality of wearing a bathing suit. Guys won't really care if you're carrying a few extra pounds so long as you don't make a big deal about it. Seeing a confident woman with an extra 15 is more pleasing than an insecure woman carrying her ideal weight.

QFT
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I'm a similar height and weight. I plan on wearing my bikini and a t shirt over it. That way I don't feel uncomfortable, and I don't have to buy a new bathing suit. Also when the short gets wet it'll stick to ur body so no frumpy look.
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that comment, I need to remember that too.:noway:
  • 1LadyKate
    1LadyKate Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I wear this swimsuit.:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Suddenly-Slim-by-Catalina-Women-s-Slimming-Shirred-Halter-One-Piece-Swimsuit/29507937

Like others have said, the key to wearing a swimsuit is confidence.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Very very few people have "perfect" bodies (whatever that means anyway) yet we all want to enjoy our time at the beach. Wear what you feel comfortable in. Forget what anyone else thinks.

6c0f36e143e9f4fa06a74a9db6d17f75.jpg

ha ha ha brilliant!
    op wear what you are most comfortable in. tankinis can be really nice too.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you may be comfortable in board shorts and bikini top? Since you're athletic and young :)
  • JamesBuchanonBarnes
    Options
    This has already been said, but I will say it again. Don't wear anything on anyone else's account. Just find something you are comfortable in. Regardless the reason, something you feel good in will always look best on you because it shows. Some days that may be a bikini, and some days it might by a tank top and shorts just sitting near the water. Neither is wrong, but don't feel pressured that you HAVE to ever wear anything. Just find something you feel good about.

As for the fitness element, just stick with it. If it's important to you just keep your head up. Progress happens at difference paces for everyone, but do what makes you feel good about yourself. The importance of that can never be overstated.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I've never heard anyone call tankinis "frumpy". LOL. I know plenty of people who are in really good shape and wear them just because they like them.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    As a guy... NOTE guys think like guys... YOU are beautiful... a guy will look at a girl until he sees something he doesn't like... THEN focus on what he does like... and NOTE NO ONE looks at you closer than you do... I am sure as long as you are confident enough to put it on you are confident enough to own it... SO whatever you choose own it... it is TOO late to change your body between now and then... even if you lose a miraculous amount of weight ( 2 lbs/ week would be safe and sane) then you will have loose(r) skin and that won't be attractive either... BUT you should continue on your weight loss journey... and a healthier fitter you... because it is YOUR decision... at some point you will realize the only opinion of you that counts is yours...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I think you already got some good advice here. My thoughts given your body description would be a sexier, youthful tankini or one piece...whatever makes you feel good about yourself.

But if you feel frumpy in a tankini, do not wear one. If you feel sexier/cuter in a bikini even though it may show some of your less-favorite body parts, then wear the bikini.

This advice comes from a woman who would NEVER wear anything remotely skirted or vintage style because it made me feel like a grandma. Did those suits make me look older or fatter or worse? Probably NOT. But they gave me a frumpy feeling and often made me self-conscious about showing cleavage, too.

I stick to sporty one pieces with higher necks and cut out backs and I swim like a fish w/ no concern for my chest popping out and feel athletic and strong in my choices of swimwear.

Whatever makes you feel good about yourself is what I think you should choose :-)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    You don't need a bathing suit. Shorts, sports bra and a tank top.

Many pools, gyms, resorts, hotels, etc have policies against that for pool use. I guess no one's monitoring the beach but just another thought.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Some things you can't change:
    When the vacation starts
    What your body will look like between now and then (not a large change)
    What people will think of your body

One thing you can change:
    How you view yourself.

If it makes you feel any better I was running around in my bathers at 250 pounds, because screw everyone, I love swimming.

Life is short, too short to be wasted on petty things. Live it to it's fullest, in 10 years you will look back at how young and beautiful yuo were and wonder why you were ever so hard on yourself :flowerforyou:
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Continue to eat well and exercise, because that will make you feel better about yourself regardless of what results you may get. Confidence is what people find sexy. Not the bathing suit.

So, wear whichever style bathing suit you feel confident in. Just make sure it fits properly!!!
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Come to Europe. You will never feel self-doubting in a bikini. The old ladies who are very full figured wear tiny little bikinis and what the guys wear, well, doesn't leave much to the imagination. That has inspired me to realise that not giving a flying hoot is really what matters - cause I look at those women and men and I'm not thinking, "eww", I'm thinking, I wish I had their confidence.
  • ButtVibes
    ButtVibes Posts: 12
    Options
    So what? You won't see those people on the beach / at the pool ever in your life again! And even if you do, if it is months later, your progress will have shown. And if you have to see them again, then what? If they criticize you - then they aren't worth your time: it's too precious to be spent wallowing about somebody's comment. You are doing this for you, not for them.
    And what if they appreciated you that way. It isn't very classy but - one shoe doesn't fit all. Some men/women/whateverfloatsyourboat will find you attractive/pretty/etc. Some won't, yet won't criticize you about it. Those who do just need to grow out of their narrow mind.
    So forget about haters - haters will hate, lovers will love and you will wear whatever pleases you without giving a f*** about what they think :wink:
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    In Greece 99.9% of the women wear bikinis. When I visit, I wear my bikini (I'm 60) because my stepmother (70-she wears a bikini) and other Greek women say having a wet bathing suit on your belly will give you a bellyache, lol!
    You are a beautiful young woman-wear whatever makes you feel most comfortable!
    Have fun at the beach! That's what it's there for. No need to worry!
  • campdawson
    campdawson Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I wear this swimsuit.:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Suddenly-Slim-by-Catalina-Women-s-Slimming-Shirred-Halter-One-Piece-Swimsuit/29507937

Like others have said, the key to wearing a swimsuit is confidence.

Reminiscent of the pin up style, very flattering.