i need to lose 15# in 14 days..HELP

Options
Ok so i know its very unhealthy to have that much come off that fast but i need it to!! i have a medical weigh in that can effect whether i get life insurance or not, so its very very important!!

ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?!!?!?!?! I know i can cut calories down to 1200 but not less, lots of water, cut back on salt intake...and EXERCISE and EXERCISE some more....any other tips or trick would be appreciated!!!

Replies

• Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Drinking green tea or other teas without milk or sugar is good for you. May help a little. Especially green tea.
  • micah2009
    micah2009 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Be careful doing that.. most likely you will only cut mostly water weight if you do lose the weight. That being said a trick I use to use was to not eat anything 3-4 hours before bed. It gives your body extra time to process and burn through the night.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that after a certain period of time you are no longer burning fat when exercising... so exercising for long periods of time is not ideal.. I would suggest 30 minute sessions.. a few times a day if you are able.

Also, eating as much natural food as possible will help with the intake of sodium...

It really isn't ideal, but you may be able to cut 10lbs down.
  • OMGG
    OMGG Posts: 44
    Options
    Blimey can Salt make you hang on to some weight?
  • bomberbeamish
    Options
    look up the marine commando diet, lose 8lb week, DONT do it for more than two weeks,
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Ok so i know its very unhealthy to have that much come off that fast but i need it to!! i have a medical weigh in that can effect whether i get life insurance or not, so its very very important!!

ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?!!?!?!?! I know i can cut calories down to 1200 but not less, lots of water, cut back on salt intake...and EXERCISE and EXERCISE some more....any other tips or trick would be appreciated!!!

Is that what it is like in the States to get life insurance, that's crazy!!! I don't have any weight requirements here in Canada to get life insurance.
  • SamanthaAnne
    Options
    Lots of fiber!
  • sallyLunn
    Options

You could cut your head off.

You could do something like the cabbage soup diet which mostly dumps your water weight. I don't recommend this for real results, you will gain the weight back in the next couple of weeks and you will weird out your metabolism.

You know, this post reminds me of High School. My brothers were on the wrestling team and a couple of days before a big meet, they would be sweating it out in garbage bags and spitting in a cup to get rid of water. I guess if you are desperate, you could ask a high school wrestler the latest techniques and tricks for making weight.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you weigh now, this may be nearly impossible.

You can definitely lose some water weight but please be careful as any kind of extreme dieting can be very dangerous.

Do not go below 1200 calories, but perhaps change your calorie intake. Cut out wheat and grains, eat veggies, lean meats, fruits and nuts only.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Green tea, no sugar or cream.....and stay away from SALT! And if you drink soda, try to cut that out, it can make a big difference. Try to eat as many raw fruits and veggies as you can...But you could only be getting rid of water weight, which I suppose would be fine if you are just trying to do it for the medical weigh in, but after that, try to be consistent in whatever you did to get to that weight, so that you don't just gain it right back. But just be careful, more than a pound a day can be very unhealthy....
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    You might need to look into "weight cutting" or a "cutting diet".... Note, this is NOT something I'm pushing as a long term thing. But, might help to get that scale where you need it so you can get insurance! Bodybuilding.com has good forums with tons of information on this topic. Or you can just google "cutting diet for women" or something like that. Good luck to you!

"""""Weight cutting is the practice of rapid weight loss prior to a sporting competition. It most frequently happens in order to qualify for a lower weight class (usually in combat sports, where weight is a significant advantage) or in sports where it is advantageous to weigh as little as possible (most notably equestrian). There are two types of weight cutting: One method is to lose weight in the form of fat and muscle in the weeks prior to an event; the other is to lose weight in the form of water in the final days before competition.

Nutritional experts will rarely give advice on how to cut weight safely or effectively, and will simply recommend against cutting weight at all. However, many athletes choose to do it because they wish to gain an advantage in their sport."""""
  • groucherella
    Options
    Is it through work? How often is the enrollment? If it's not through work, can you seek another provider? I would recommend losing in a more natural and healthy pace.
  • BridgettePlemmons
    BridgettePlemmons Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i was thinking to cut my head and boobs off and i would be set!! lol jk thanks for the tips!!
  • BridgettePlemmons
    Options
    Thanks i will look into it!!!
    You might need to look into "weight cutting" or a "cutting diet".... Note, this is NOT something I'm pushing as a long term thing. But, might help to get that scale where you need it so you can get insurance! Bodybuilding.com has good forums with tons of information on this topic. Or you can just google "cutting diet for women" or something like that. Good luck to you!

"""""Weight cutting is the practice of rapid weight loss prior to a sporting competition. It most frequently happens in order to qualify for a lower weight class (usually in combat sports, where weight is a significant advantage) or in sports where it is advantageous to weigh as little as possible (most notably equestrian). There are two types of weight cutting: One method is to lose weight in the form of fat and muscle in the weeks prior to an event; the other is to lose weight in the form of water in the final days before competition.

Nutritional experts will rarely give advice on how to cut weight safely or effectively, and will simply recommend against cutting weight at all. However, many athletes choose to do it because they wish to gain an advantage in their sport."""""
  • WatchMeLose
    WatchMeLose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try the HCG diet, I lost 8 lbs in 5 days so far. I got my sublingual drops from Sunflower Market, a health foods store. They were $50. Look up Dr. Simeons 'Pounds and Inches' for the diet plan. It's very restrictive - 500 calories a day - and very specific foods, but it works and keeps you healthy while you're doing it. The pregnancy hormone opens up your abnormal fat stores to keep you out of starvation mode. Good luck, and message me with any questions. :)
  • BridgettePlemmons
    Options
    Thank you, no soda for me but salt is my #1 killer, thanks for the tips!!
    Green tea, no sugar or cream.....and stay away from SALT! And if you drink soda, try to cut that out, it can make a big difference. Try to eat as many raw fruits and veggies as you can...But you could only be getting rid of water weight, which I suppose would be fine if you are just trying to do it for the medical weigh in, but after that, try to be consistent in whatever you did to get to that weight, so that you don't just gain it right back. But just be careful, more than a pound a day can be very unhealthy....
  • SharonsJetSet
    Options
    I think massive amounts of exercise - like up to 4-5 hours a day. It works for the biggest losers LOL
  • BridgettePlemmons
    Options
    Yes im in the states and they can either deny your life insurance or rate you higher because of it and you pay higher premiums

Is that what it is like in the States to get life insurance, that's crazy!!! I don't have any weight requirements here in Canada to get life insurance.
  • WatchMeLose
    WatchMeLose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    And this won't 'weird out your metabolism' either....... :)
  • BridgettePlemmons
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, i think im going to do all raw diet with (at least) three 30min workouts daily and for all 14 days
    Keep in mind that after a certain period of time you are no longer burning fat when exercising... so exercising for long periods of time is not ideal.. I would suggest 30 minute sessions.. a few times a day if you are able.

Also, eating as much natural food as possible will help with the intake of sodium...

It really isn't ideal, but you may be able to cut 10lbs down.