Anyone tried the new Taco Bell Quesarito?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    "Nothing can top their Catina bell bowl for 530 calories. Add some chips and Pico for an extra 230 and you have an amazing meal for 760."

not even chipotle?

Chipotle tops everything ever!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Qdoba > Chipotle.

curious as to where you rate Moes and Baja Fresh.

I prefer both of them to Qdoba or Chipotle.

Never had Moes or Baja fresh- because I dont live near any.... I will keep that in mind when I travel
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    "Nothing can top their Catina bell bowl for 530 calories. Add some chips and Pico for an extra 230 and you have an amazing meal for 760."

not even chipotle?

I prefer Moe's to Chipotle.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

not even chipotle?

I prefer Moe's to Chipotle.

me too. I also have Panchera's here- I like them- but they I like Moe's just bit better- they are more expensive but the food just looks more colorful and fresh.

And I prefer Baja Fresh to Moe's buuuuuuuuuuuuut- they I think went out of business, so no mas Baja Fresh. <sad panda face>
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

not even chipotle?

Qdoba > Chipotle.

I prefer the hole in the wall places in East LA. But I'm just a food snob. :wink:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I was disappointed by Chipotle. It wasn't bad, but not as amazing as everyone here made it sound like really.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I prefer El Rinconcito with authentic Mexican food not this taco bell/bootleg stuff.....
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    And do you know what so cool about it, they use low fat sourcream!:drinker:
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    "Worth it"? Fuel is fuel.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    *Taco Bell Quesarito Review*

9/10
    The new 650 calorie Quesarito, in my opinion, is definitely worth saving some calories for if you are an avid Taco Bell fan.
    I got the chicken version, with grilled chicken substituted for the shredded. Upon first bite, you get a mouthful of warm tortilla, some nicely seasoned rice, chicken, a creamy white sauce (sour cream?) and -the best or worst part depending on your personal taste- plenty of gooey nuclear orange fake cheese!
    I can understand why some say it is lacking in flavor. Just a little bit more of a punch, like some chile spiciness or some acidic tomato, could have brought it up to a 10/10. The 9/10 is with verde sauce; I would give it an 8/10 eaten sauceless.
    The outside of the tortilla had a nice slight crispiness (you could see the golden-brown toastiness that indicates it was grilled/pressed). Very creamy and just the right amount of cheese. A little messy if you don't plan your bites carefully, but not nearly as messy as trying to hold a crunchy taco together.
    The Quesarito is large and satisfying, and at $2-$3 depending on your choice of meat, is quite affordable.

And BTW, my husband only got 2 bites of it. I had to log 80% of it. (Don't worry, he had his own Fresco Steak Soft Taco.)
    WORTH EVERY BITE.
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have not, but this recent trend of breeding Mexican food items to make new hybrids makes me wonder when we're going to cross the national borders. Maybe combine Mexican and Italian food.

Mmm. A delicious beef and marinara lasagnito with two spaghetacos.
    LOL! There's an old SNL or Mad TV skit about the Olive Garden and their bas***dized Italian foods - one is the "Hamburger Italy". When I heard that Olive Garden came out with the "Toscana Burger" for real, I just about lost it... seriously google the skit, it's hilarious.

Thank you for that tip. HILARIOUS.
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    *Taco Bell Quesarito Review*

9/10
    The new 650 calorie Quesarito, in my opinion, is definitely worth saving some calories for if you are an avid Taco Bell fan.
    I got the chicken version, with grilled chicken substituted for the shredded. Upon first bite, you get a mouthful of warm tortilla, some nicely seasoned rice, chicken, a creamy white sauce (sour cream?) and -the best or worst part depending on your personal taste- plenty of gooey nuclear orange fake cheese!
    I can understand why some say it is lacking in flavor. Just a little bit more of a punch, like some chile spiciness or some acidic tomato, could have brought it up to a 10/10. The 9/10 is with verde sauce; I would give it an 8/10 eaten sauceless.
    The outside of the tortilla had a nice slight crispiness (you could see the golden-brown toastiness that indicates it was grilled/pressed). Very creamy and just the right amount of cheese. A little messy if you don't plan your bites carefully, but not nearly as messy as trying to hold a crunchy taco together.
    The Quesarito is large and satisfying, and at $2-$3 depending on your choice of meat, is quite affordable.

And BTW, my husband only got 2 bites of it. I had to log 80% of it. (Don't worry, he had his own Fresco Steak Soft Taco.)
    WORTH EVERY BITE.

Thank you for the awesome review!
  • beepaz
    beepaz Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    CHIPOTLE!!! yes! i rather have Chipotle any day over taco sharts... :laugh:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

not even chipotle?

Qdoba > Chipotle.

I prefer the hole in the wall places in East LA. But I'm just a food snob. :wink:

I live in NJ- the most hole in the wall I get is Gino's for cheese steaks- and I hate cheese steaks. so yeah- I lose. :(

we have Mariachi Grill's - which are like hole in the wall- it's good- we really like it- step above fast food- still not a 'restaurant'... and they make good salsa.
  • tbonethemighty
    tbonethemighty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have not, but this recent trend of breeding Mexican food items to make new hybrids makes me wonder when we're going to cross the national borders. Maybe combine Mexican and Italian food.

Mmm. A delicious beef and marinara lasagnito with two spaghetacos.

Ha, we're already there -- Southwestern Egg Rolls, anyone? Buffalo Chicken Wontons? (Please note: Southwestern Egg Rolls from Cityside Grill in Boston are one of my favorite foods ever, so I am absolutely not knocking this!)

I wrote a term paper on this back in college...younger generations are developing more (ethnically, nationally, culturally, whatever you want to call it) mixed personal identities, and food is a natural reflection of cultural identity. Thus -- ta da! -- fusion cuisine. Mm, third-space tasty...
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

not even chipotle?

Qdoba > Chipotle.

We have no Baja Fresh around here so I've never even seen one. I've heard of them but that's about it. Regarding Moe's, the only one in the Pittsburgh area (that I know of, anyway) is in the heart of Downtown, really inconvenient to get to unless you have business that takes you to the area. Never eaten there yet but I plan to at some point.

The only other Mexican-themed place I've eaten at would be Mad Mex. It's an actual sit down restaurant where you get waited on though, so I wouldn't consider it as being in the same class as the other places.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I love Taco Bell so hard. I thought the Quesarito was awesome, but I really, really wish they would have used regular shredded cheddar in the quesadilla part instead of nacho cheese. I think it would be even better that way. The chipotle sauce is delicious. I'm going to have to start getting sides of that to dip any and every TB item I get in.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I just downed two steak quesaritos paired with a chocolate shake from Sonic .....

nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom
  • Nexgear
    Nexgear Posts: 16
    Options
    I seriously can't get enough Taco Bell... SO GOOD!! I love the quesarito (had it for lunch this past weekend) but I'm really dying to try the breakfast crunchwrap and waffle taco.