Recipes?

Options
heatherhart
heatherhart Posts: 113 Member
Anyont have a great recipes they are willing to share? I get tired of eating the same stuff & want to change it up a bit thanks!

Replies

• groucherella
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/southernbelle31 lol my one and only blog so far.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Have you searched through all the recipe posts? There's a ton posted!
  • heatherhart
    heatherhart Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    thanks i will check that out!!
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    What kind of things are you looking for...I have about 400 in my head running around...lol. :flowerforyou: My family keeps begging me to post them to facebook... Also, do you like to cook? Do you know how? are you a beginner? I am not asking to be rude,:smile: just wondering in which format I should write some in...I have been cooking/baking/inventing since I was 10...My little sister refused to learn:angry: ...until now! She calls me all the time,:bigsmile: but I have to write a 4x6 recipe out in 2 pages cuz she is SO not a cook, lol. but she is trying!!
  • tenoclockbird
    Options
    Here's a super easy one. I figured it to serve 4, but if you eat a fourth of the pot, you'll definitely be stuffed! I call it Mexican Crock Pot Chicken Stew. I serve it over rice, sometimes with 2% cheddar and light sour cream, but you could just eat it like soup all by itself.

16 oz of Great Value frozen chicken breast (I use the individually frozen pieces, four smaller ones or two larger)
    one package Ortega low sodium taco mix
    2 cups Tostitos medium salsa
    8 oz Great Value frozen corn
    1 can Great Value black beans

Put the chicken, still frozen, in the bottom of the pot. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over it. Dump in the salsa, top with the corn. Cook on high for at least three hours, or low for five hours. An hour or so before serving, add the beans, and use two forks to shred the chicken. It's delicious!

356 calories per serving (remember that's 1/4 of the whole pot!), 39 carbs, 7g fat, 34g protein, 7g fiber
  • mawitt
    Options
    Try hungrygirl.com They have great healthy recipes!