first goal is 150lb to lose

2»

Replies

• trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Welcome, and feel free to add me as well. I have a lot of weight to lose as well and just started last week.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Hi Loki:

I understand how daunting a large weight loss can look from the beginning.

The only way to eat the elephant is one bite at a time. I broke my loss down into 10% increments. When I get to another 10% level, I feel a real sense of accomplishment. I track my weight and body fat percentage on fitbit (and on my own spreadsheet).

I've sent a friend request as well. I know you can do amazing things if you just put your mind to it.

Frank
  • just want to say to the person a few comments above... I never chose what i ate until recently I came from an abusive household where you literally got what you were given and if you didn't eat it all you would regret it and i mean regret it. this isnt putting blame on anyone else that is just what happened.
  • LadyMontdore
    LadyMontdore Posts: 13 Member
    Great first post and fantastic that you are ready to do this. I'd agree with others who say break your goal down into small chunks - I use every 7 lbs as a goal but you'll find something that works for you. The other thing I always have to remind myself of when faced with a big weight loss is that although you've got 150 to lose, you'll start to feel and look so much better after you've lost just a few pounds. What I mean is that the prospect of a big weight loss can be daunting in terms of the time you think it will take to achieve but you wont have to wait until you've lost 150 to look and feel fabulous. If you stick to the programme, tomorrow you will weigh less than you did today, and next week you will weigh less again - it's win win starting from now. :)
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Loki:

Welcome to the party....feel free to add me if you'd like.

Past is done. The future will be here soon enough. What you have to do is focus on today & today only. Its all we have to work with, my friend.

I woulda been dead in 5 years as well, friend. All signs were pointing that way.

Just a few things the MFP tribe and common sense has taught me:

1) This is a thing you DO, not a definition of who you ARE. Just like laundry. Take the emotion out of it wherever possible.

2) My approach? This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. So there is no finite number of days that I am trying to get to. I will be logging in and logging food for the rest of my life, because:

a) This program works
    b) I don't want to die young and I was headed that direction

3) Try to remember - We are the results of the choices we make every day, whether those choices are good or bad. Make as many good choices as you can, and the ship will stay steady. At the end of the day, we are the man in the mirror. We are accountable to ourselves and no one else.

Cal tracking is considered a good choice (whether boring or not) because it tells you where you really are (just like your check register tells you your balance)
    Fsunami
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Welcome!! :) I had 300lbs to lose when I first started :) Down to about 100 left. You can do this one day at a time one meal at a time. If you have a bad meal don't give up just adjust the rest your day to help you the best you can :) I also had some serious health issues which is why I started all of this. 200 lbs down and I am healthy no health issues anymore and loving life :) You can do this. Feel free to add me!
  • eggomylegos
    eggomylegos Posts: 146 Member
    If you are looking for friends, add me. I am very active on my news feed and love to share this journey with others.

Congrats for making your way to MFP, and good luck!