Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

When the hell am I not going to be sore! HOLY MOLY

So for about 6 months now, I have been working out daily with t25 and about a month ago started running in the mornings then t25 at night. I do take some rest days, but stay lightly active on rest days with Walks and Tennis blah blah.

I was just thinking the other day, I am sore everyday. Like my legs hurt from the damn squats, from the running etc etc.

Since I recently converted to one of these exercise fitness type people, should I expect this forever? If I am not sore does that mean I am not working hard enough?

Just a little Monday afternoon inquiry!

Replies

• dawnr2
    dawnr2 Posts: 29 Member
    Just a thought, but are you including good warm-up and cool down in every workout? I had to stop at the end of a circuit class once before the cool down because I had an asthma attack and my muscles were really sore the next day
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    I gotta say I do T25 and run too and I'm not sore every day. I might be if I ran harder or for a longer distance, but that's about it. Are you doing the stretching video including in T25. I agree with Dawnr2 warm up, cool down and stretching are important.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Warm up and cool downs are very important.
    Also, getting enough protein in a day. And magnesium helps too, epsom baths are wonderful
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    I don't know T25 - does it involve alternating muscle groups on different days so you don't work the same muscles two days in a row?

My main exercise is cycling, and I usually bike 5-6 days a week. I did 175 miles last week, which is about 50 miles longer than a normal summer week, and the only part of me that's sore is my butt, from the saddle. I had a little DOMS when I restarted my basic strength routine after a couple weeks' break, but that's it. Similarly with running: I did C25K this winter/spring and only felt sore for the first couple of days after starting. I'm on a running break right now because I did a little too much too quickly and exacerbated an old injury, so I'll undoubtedly feel sore again when I start back.

You might be overtraining, or you might have a vitamin or protein deficiency. You could take a 3-4 day rest break to see whether that makes a difference.
  • If you have been doing this for 6 months you should definitely be less sore!! That is so interesting! have you been doing this consistently for the 6 months? And are you working with your coach, have you asked her or him about this?
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    I would add a stretching component to your routine AND try adding a protein supplement before a workout...
  • cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Thanks for all the replys.

My upper body and core are not sore, just the lower body, legs and knees. Since the legs are used on every exercise maybe I just need to keep pressing on. Its not like painful sore, just sore in general like I can tell I worked the muscles.

I will admit I don't stretch as much as I should before working out. I did however stretch before yesterdays run and I preformed much better and didn't get any lower leg cramping.