Curious About Gluten

Options
Kymom04
Kymom04 Posts: 41 Member
I was just doing some research on gluten, and realized I may have a slight intolerance to gluten. I am trying to figure out how I can slowly phase gluten out of my diet. I know its in A LOT of foods. How can I slowly start making the change to eventually going gluten free. Anyone have any ideas? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks.

Replies

• Ginger046
    Ginger046 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I would strongly advise you AGAINST doing this. As someone with coeliac disease I can tell you that it is very imoportant that you keep eating gluten until you have a diagnosis of the intollerance by your doctor. If you stop eating gluten and then start eating it again, the effects will be 10x worse and you need to eat gluten for the blood test and biopsy you need for the diagnosis. Keep eating gluten but go to your doctor and ask them for the tests.

Amy
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I would strongly advise you AGAINST doing this. As someone with coeliac disease I can tell you that it is very imoportant that you keep eating gluten until you have a diagnosis of the intollerance by your doctor. If you stop eating gluten and then start eating it again, the effects will be 10x worse and you need to eat gluten for the blood test and biopsy you need for the diagnosis. Keep eating gluten but go to your doctor and ask them for the tests.

Amy

+1