• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2.

Good luck :)

I'm not here to:
    - lose weight fast
    - be miserable doing it
    After the initial water weight loss (which is typical anytime you start eating better) you lose about 1-2 lbs per week. is that fast??? I'm pretty sure that is normal

I'm not miserable in the least. i'm actually qutie full happy and satisfied. Oh and I have a lot more energy when i follow this meal plan then when I do not. And I know a whole community of people who feel exactly the same way as I do.

No one said you have to do it. Or agree with it. But if you know nothing about something, you probably shouldn't say anything about it. Not all of us can eat donuts and ice cream and still lose weight. (I can't)
    :flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Why 17? Why not 10, or 15, or 20?

I am SO not doing a diet that lasts for such an odd number.

...and a prime number no less.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    I'm not a woman, but I'd recommend the ladies start at day 18 because I'm sure the first 17 are 100% nonsense.

I am a woman and he speaks the truth.

Maybe do some research.. Day 18 starts cycle 2 of the diet.. and you alternate between cycle 1 and 2. It's much more confusing, but you get oatmeal and pork chops!!

Oh OP: make sure you eat a lot of protein and veggies in cycle one! The suggested meal plan is not enough food, good choices, but you need to eat more then what is suggested. :) (i'm assuming you are looking at the original book not the breakthrough edition, which I know nothing about)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm not a woman, but I'd recommend the ladies start at day 18 because I'm sure the first 17 are 100% nonsense.

Maybe do some research.. Day 18 starts cycle 2 of the diet.. and you alternate between cycle 1 and 2. It's much more confusing, but you get oatmeal and pork chops!!

Oh OP: make sure you eat a lot of protein and veggies in cycle one! The suggested meal plan is not enough food, good choices, but you need to eat more then what is suggested. :) (i'm assuming you are looking at the original book not the breakthrough edition, which I know nothing about)
    :drinker:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I'm not miserable in the least. i'm actually qutie full happy and satisfied. Oh and I have a lot more energy when i follow this meal plan then when I do not. And I know a whole community of people who feel exactly the same way as I do.

your earlier post spoke of how you weren't cranky... you are satisfied and happy...

but if I read the above... you're not actually following the plan?
    I'm confused... if you aren't following the plan, and are adding food to make it more sustainable, then why are you advocating for it?
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

your earlier post spoke of how you weren't cranky... you are satisfied and happy...

I'm confused... if you aren't following the plan, and are adding food to make it more sustainable, then why are you advocating for it?

I was wondering the same thing!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Love!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I find it sort of amazing after almost 2 years on here. If you search groups and 17 day diets, people eating between 900 and 1300 calories doesn't sound like fun fun in Happytown. It sounds like slowing the metabolism, having to fight to get the metabolism corrected, get frustrated, quit, and search for another diet. I may or may not know anything about dieting. Then again, maybe I do.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    wow - a simple yes would be great.

If this was a good plan and not a fad diet that's not sustainable in the long run, you would have received support. The fact that you didn't should tell you something, namely that this is not a good idea!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    wow - a simple yes would be great.

If this was a good plan and not a fad diet that's not sustainable in the long run, you would have received support. The fact that you didn't should tell you something, namely that this is not a good idea!

what's ironic is that a simple NO wouldn't have been received well. hmmmm.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    @Mirey true. or QFT or ^^this^^
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options

I was wondering the same thing!

Nice try...

There's no limit to how much chicken I can eat. But suggested meals in the sample meal plan is not enough food. I'm still following the diet by increasing the amount of chicken I eat with my dinner. It's nearly impossible to eat too much during c1, it you follow the plan. I could write it all out for you, but it won't make a difference and I don't' really have time for that much explanation. Basically, if you are hungry eat more. That's what it says and it makes sense. The plan only tells you to not eat certain foods for 17 days. By the time you are through the entire diet any food is fair game, yes even cupcakes and wine. With the hope that you have learned how to eat properly and kicked bad eating habits.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Gah - all sounds too confusing for me lol why not just commit to a calorie deficit and use MFP that way - then you can eat whatever you want under your calorie goal...

what are bad eating habits?
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    Gah - all sounds too confusing for me lol why not just commit to a calorie deficit and use MFP that way - then you can eat whatever you want under your calorie goal...

what are bad eating habits?

Mine??? Cupcakes and wine.. and cookies.. and brownies.. and not just 1 either..

It's not that complicated. Other then cycle 2, which does this alternate day thing (the hardest part is remembering which day you are on) I actually find it very simplified. I have a list of foods to chose from and an unending amount of ways to prepare them. When I wanna be creative I can be when I don't it's simple to throw chicken or fish in a pan spice it up and make a big salad. It's a whole lot simpler then have too much to choose from.. which leads (for me) to cupcakes and wine..
  • yvonneangelgoh
    yvonneangelgoh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Coincidentally, i am on my day 16 of exercise and diet. I am in!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options

Ohhh!!! Pork Chops and Oatmeal!!! I get to eat pork chops whenever I want, I eat 2000 calories a day and guess what, I'm still losing weight. In fact in March I lost a total of 5 inches off my entire body. No fad diet!
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    "Accelerate: This promotes fast weight loss by eating low carbohydrates and “cleansing” the body
    Activate: This is a metabolism boosting cycle where the metabolism is “re-set”
    Achieve: “Good” carbohydrates are introduced into the body
    Arrive: A lifestyle eating plan that combines the first 3 Cycles"

Someone's blog lists the stages. Interesting.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    "Dr. Moreno’s (Dr. Mike’s) 17 Day Diet is a cycled eating plan that alters the amounts of carbohydrates, proteins and fats you eat every few days. Divided across four phases, each is designed to accomplish a different objective: burning fat, resetting the metabolism and teaching you proper portion control and hunger signs.

This clean eating plan avoids sugar, processed foods, fried foods and other heavy dishes and teaches your body to nourish itself through eating healthy food like turkey and asparagus spears and other cleansing vegetables."

A little more interesting quote from a blog. teaches the body to nourish itself is my favorite part.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options

Ohhh!!! Pork Chops and Oatmeal!!! You're like my dog. What a treat. I get to eat pork chops whenever I want, I eat 2000 calories a day and guess what, I'm still losing weight. In fact in March I lost a total of 5 inches off my entire body. No fad diet!

That was really uncalled for and childish.

You don't have to like it. I'm glad you can eat whatever you want and lose weight. Good for you. I'm happy with my choices and how I choose to lose weight. I think it's working quite well thank you. 5 inches?? Go you! That's awesome :) I've went from a size 22 to a 12 in a year, that's quite a lot of inches i'd imagine. Eating anywhere between 1400-2000 calories following this diet. So.. what was your point again? Or was it just to put out a feeble attempt at an insult and to pat yourself on the back? Losing 14 pounds is great :) However you did it. Your way doesn't work for everyone.

Terrapin: Yea.. some of what he says it's a bit wonky. But i don't care. It works. All that matters to me is that it works for me. I don't care about the how or the why. Different strokes for different folks. I don't advocate many "diets", this one really works, if you do it right.
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    d30dd_ORIG-Popcorn_02_Stephen_Colbert_zpsc7731c4a.gif