Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options

And if I am ever offered millions for my opinions, hopefully I will have the right moral character to call bs when I see it.

It's a false dichotomy.

Hopefully.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Otter semen..............lab rat support group??:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That was awesome!! :drinker:
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Oh John Oliver. Nailed it!
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    awesome.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Watched that earlier this morning. Loved it. It's still a shame that people couldn't just see through his BS on their own.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard for some people to believe, but not everyone chooses money over integrity in their work.

I don't hate dr oz or think he is a terrible person. I think he did start out with good intentions. But, I always disagree with pushing supplements. And I do agree with using comedy to help educate (as long as the outcome is education and not just mocking), and especially when it is science and logic based. That is just my opinion. I thought John Oliver did a good job.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    yep. watched that this morning. definitely got me laughing at 3am. love john oliver.
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hilarious!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I'll be serious for a change.

I've never been a fan of Dr. Oz, but I think his show probably helped a lot of people when he first got started. I think he has good intentions and started out giving good, sound advice.

Diet Supplements are a huge industry. One of the biggest money makers ever. This industry recognized that Oz's endorsements could be pure gold. Was he corrupted? Possibly. I'm sure he's making millions for his endorsements.

People love to see when people on top topple. Hence, this thread. Now we can judge him. I still don't care for Dr. Oz, but I care even less for the hypocritical judgement by the same people that have, at one time or another, bought "miracle" supplements for losing weight, Most of us have.

I love self made people who rise to the top. He did that with is original specialty of being a thoracic surgeon. I never would have been happy for a person like that to topple just for the sake of seeing someone more successful than me fall. However, I'm plenty happy when someone who misleads and misinforms millions of desperate people gets taken down a few notches. I think that's what most people, in this community who have constantly battled the latest Dr. Oz fad, have latched onto here. It's not a matter of, "Yay, take that successful person." It's more along the lines of, "I'm glad that someone who would use his legit credentials that people trust to sell them on fad and falsehoods is getting exactly the ridicule he deserves."
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can watch when I get home tonight
  • got2befitnow
    got2befitnow Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Bumpity-bump.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I'll be serious for a change.

I've never been a fan of Dr. Oz, but I think his show probably helped a lot of people when he first got started. I think he has good intentions and started out giving good, sound advice.

Diet Supplements are a huge industry. One of the biggest money makers ever. This industry recognized that Oz's endorsements could be pure gold. Was he corrupted? Possibly. I'm sure he's making millions for his endorsements.

People love to see when people on top topple. Hence, this thread. Now we can judge him. I still don't care for Dr. Oz, but I care even less for the hypocritical judgement by the same people that have, at one time or another, bought "miracle" supplements for losing weight, Most of us have.

It's not "hypocritical" judgment. It is critical judgment. There is a difference. He should be ashamed of himself for his actions. It isn't the diet industry criticizing him. It is us. It is comedians. It is Congress (okay, maybe a little hypocrisy on the part of a few who created this mess with the failure to allow the FDA to regulate supplements). Oz claims he isn't endorsing. That's a flat-out lie, and he deserves to be ridiculed for it.

ETA: It isn't hypocrisy to take a supplement and realize it is bullsh1t. It is education. Most of the people who fall for this crap aren't doctors or scientists. Most are seeking help. Without the ability to criticize charlatans, how exactly are we supposed to learn to stop buying into the bs?

How many people that have weighed in on this thread would have been corrupted by the new found millions? Oh, I know the answers that will be given. They will include references to integrity, accountability, Hippocratic Oath, etc, but, no one that has weighed in has been offered milions for their favorable opinions.
    Well that makes it OK then. Hooray for our hero Dr Oz.
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Bumping to watch later.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome! I'm all for taking vitamins but some of these "supplements" ie Raspberry Ketones are ridiculous!
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic--hilarious and informative!
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Day Made!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Check this $h out with some guy named Mehmet. lmao
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Check this $h out with some guy named Mehmet. lmao