Gluten free diet

I've noticed the last few days that when I eat bread or crackers I feel really bloated. Very uncomfortable. A girl friend of mine said that maybe I'm becoming gluten intolerant. Any advise.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator
    I would consider seeing a doctor and getting tested. It's not the easiest to be gluten free. And if you don't actually have an intolerance, then it would be a bigger pain than anything. My wife has to be gluten free and it was a struggle for awhile and still is very inconvenient when we go out to dinner.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    I would consider seeing a doctor and getting tested. It's not the easiest to be gluten free. And if you don't actually have an intolerance, then it would be a bigger pain than anything. My wife has to be gluten free and it was a struggle for awhile and still is very inconvenient when we go out to dinner.

This. And if you do decide to get tested, don't change your diet, then get tested, I read somewhere it can throw off results.
  • Dittos what the MFP Moderator said. Also, a couple of days does not an intolerance make. Is that all you are eating? If it continues definitely, is it a new brand of crackers or bread you are eating? Sometimes they put so much junk in that stuff it could be a sensitivity to another ingredient, etc. High Fructose Corn Syrup does that for me, as well as certain other sweeteners, like Maltitol (an alcohol sugar).
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Thank you guys very much.. It seemed when I was eating a unhealthy diet the only problem I had was the wt gain. Now that I am trying to eat healthier I suffer in other ways. Thanks
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Dittos what the MFP Moderator said. Also, a couple of days does not an intolerance make. Is that all you are eating? If it continues definitely, is it a new brand of crackers or bread you are eating? Sometimes they put so much junk in that stuff it could be a sensitivity to another ingredient, etc. High Fructose Corn Syrup does that for me, as well as certain other sweeteners, like Maltitol (an alcohol sugar).

My diary is open please feel free to check it out.