Panera bread Souffles are the devil!!!!!!!

crissi66
crissi66 Posts: 98
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
SO i was at the mall this morning early to grab a coat for my boyfriend. Oldnavy wasnt open yet and Panera was just acroos the hall. I knew i didnt want a bagel or anything like that. So i grabed a ham and swiss egg white souffle. WHAT A FREAKIN MISTAKE!!!! I figured the calories would be high from the cheese and flaky pastry dough the souffle is in. What i didnt realize is that there would be 490 calories, again not so bad for breakfast, and 30g of fat . YES 30GRAMS OF FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats more than some of us are supposed to consume in a whole day.

Please avoid them. I didnt and now i feel so stupid.

Replies

• Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Yeah, they're terrible but they're so delicious. I hate them for that. :bigsmile:
  • Woah!! Don't they pride themselves on being healthy fast food???
  • Woah!! Don't they pride themselves on being healthy fast food???

They Lie!!!!! i just checked the calories in one of there sandwhiches.. For shame!!!!!!!!! I cant lie, it tasted great but never again.
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Woah!! Don't they pride themselves on being healthy fast food???

They are fabulous at lunch!! Their garden vegetable soup with fresh pesto and chicken caesar is FABULOUS!!! But their breakfasts are ridiculous.
  • I thought most Panera's listed calorie information on their menus? My local Panera does and I always check the calories before I order so that I have an idea of what to expect. They're one of my favorites restaurants to go to because of this, I like not having to look up the menu online in advance. Granted, I've also never eaten breakfast there! :)

Not that calories counts could in any way prepare you for 30 grams of fat (!!) and perhaps your Panera hasn't changed their menus yet.
  • I thought most Panera's listed calorie information on their menus? My local Panera does and I always check the calories before I order so that I have an idea of what to expect. They're one of my favorites restaurants to go to because of this, I like not having to look up the menu online in advance. Granted, I've also never eaten breakfast there! :)

Not that calories counts could in any way prepare you for 30 grams of fat (!!) and perhaps your Panera hasn't changed their menus yet.

Some post their calories here in NY but not for all the food. I knew the calories would be high. I figured i would just eat later in the day to make up for the higher calories in the morning. If was the Fat that just floored me.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    490 is kinda bad for breakfast. No? You have to look on the bright side. You are keeping in mind of what you are eating even if you are at Panera. Its all about Trial and error. You know now to stay away from that and went and looked up the nutritonal value. Those are steps to lbs loss and living a healthy life style. I say you get a pat on the back. :drinker:
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    I *love* Panera but I still always look up any calories before I eat them! I usually just get a half sandwich and a small soup combo and it's good as gold!
This discussion has been closed.