Help? Ham steaks and pork chops!

jsecret
jsecret Posts: 606 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
We got a half hog butchered this year and I'm a little unsure of what to do with some of the meat! the brats and the sausage are fine and I can figure them out. But my husband is not a big fan of porkchops, I used shake and bake the other day and those came out pretty good and then tonight I'm stuffing them with cheese and spinach for me and cheese/bacon for him!

Any other neat pork chops recipes that aren't too dificult?

And as far as ham steaks I'm clueless on what to do with them!

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Make split pea and ham soup.

I also found a scallopped potato and ham receipe that you use cut up ham steaks and bake it in the oven.

You can also put ham steak in a crock pot with a little brown sugar and water with some steamed veggies!

Yum!
  • I am not creative at all but am very interested in your recipes for stuffed pork chops
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    ham steaks-breakfast, cut up into bean soup, cut up into omlets, cut up into grean beans, or lima beans. cut up into macaroni. although ham is VERY high in cals its good anyway you can imagine. My son and hubby love it for breakfast with eggs and toast. hope that helps!
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    I bake my pork chops with apple slices and cinnamon. Yummy! :tongue:
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    I don't know if you like saurekraut, but you can put the pork chops into a crock pot with saurekraut and onions on top. The ham is wonderful just thrown out on the grill with eggs, toast, and applesauce on your plate next to it.
  • I made these last night using agave syrup (2 Tbs) for the 3 Tbs honey. It was delicious - but took an extra 20 minutes to get the squash completely cooked. Could use other vegs (thinking big chunks of zucchini with carrots or sweet potatoes?) under the chops. And, the honey/agave wasn't necessary - but that's a personal taste choice.

Oven Roasted Pork Loin Chops with Butternut Squash and Honey - here's the link:

http://indannyskitchen.blogspot.com/2010/04/oven-roasted-pork-loin-chops-with.html
This discussion has been closed.