Stuck at 6lb down

Options
super_pj
super_pj Posts: 23 Member
I lost around 6lbs since beginning of May (about 1lb a week) and recently I've been stuck at my current weight for almost 2 weeks. I've been watching my food intake carefully and according to MFP, I should continue to go down 1lb a week but I have not.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Sometimes water weight fluctuations will mask your actual loss. You'll go several weeks with the scale not budging, or worse, going up...and then suddenly it will drop 5 lbs.

Give it more time. If nothing happens after another week or two, then you're miscalculating something, either your intake or your output is off. If you don't already have a food scale, now is the time to buy one.
  • super_pj
    Options
    Sometimes water weight fluctuations will mask your actual loss. You'll go several weeks with the scale not budging, or worse, going up...and then suddenly it will drop 5 lbs.

Give it more time. If nothing happens after another week or two, then you're miscalculating something, either your intake or your output is off. If you don't already have a food scale, now is the time to buy one.

Yeah that's true, I've been drinking a lot since I bought a 16oz water bottle. Let's hope it's water weight! lol. I have a food scale I use to weigh my meats so my diary should be fairly accurate. Can't wait to see what will be on the scale in another week or so!
  • Reefshark
    Reefshark Posts: 7
    Options
    You could be on a plateau. The plateau effect is when you stop losing weight. May need to change up your exercise routine. And remember to do plenty of cardio. If your lifting weights you could be gaining muscle mass which would result in not losing weight.If your doing the same cardio you normally do then increase the amount of time your doing it and/or increase resistance. See if this helps and if it does let me know. Best of luck to you
  • super_pj
    Options
    You could be on a plateau. The plateau effect is when you stop losing weight. May need to change up your exercise routine. And remember to do plenty of cardio. If your lifting weights you could be gaining muscle mass which would result in not losing weight.If your doing the same cardio you normally do then increase the amount of time your doing it and/or increase resistance. See if this helps and if it does let me know. Best of luck to you

Yeah, perhaps an early plateau. I'm beginning to run more since my apartment got new treadmills. We'll see what happens within the next week or so!