Your favorite low fat salad dressing?

Options
I am looking for the best low fat salad dressing, let me know what your favorite is. I keep buying them and not liking them which is getting a little expensive for trial and error!:frown:

Replies

• ehorner1976
    ehorner1976 Posts: 147
    Options
    I am looking for the best low fat salad dressing, let me know what your favorite is. I keep buying them and not liking them which is getting a little expensive for trial and error!:frown:
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    kraft fat free catalina! - i think it tastes better than the light and the regular
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    pretty much any of the big brand fat free Itialian. Probably because of all the spice.....and Salt. Nothing creamy ugh!! bad after taste.

Tim
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I really like the Newmans Own Lighten Up flavors. My favorite lately is the Low-Fat Sesame Ginger for a nice Asian taste. I mix it into broccoli cole-slaw. VERY good side dish or light lunch.
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    I like the Salad Spritzers French Flair. I get tired of the italian/vinagarettes all the time, this kind of tastes like a "real"dressing, they just came out with Ranch, I'm not a huge fan of it though.
  • hamilton4beaumont
    hamilton4beaumont Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I used to really struggle with this one because the fat free were too high in sugar and the low carb were too high in fat!
    But now I use 1 teaspoon or so of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of vinegar with a packet of splenda. Perfect! And I just discovered south beach diet ranch dressing. 7 grams of fat and low sugar and calories! 70 calories for 2 tablespoons!
    Hope it helps.
  • monicakelly21
    Options
    Kraft Raspberry Vinaigrette...YUMMY

But I make my own as well....with maple syrup, Lemon, Olive Oil, and Balsamic Vinegar. It is sooooo goooooood.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    PC Blue menu light caesar........ it's really the only dressing I ever use, it's like 25 cals per tablespoon, and tastes as good as any caesar dressing I've ever had.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I really like the Newmans Own Lighten Up flavors. My favorite lately is the Low-Fat Sesame Ginger for a nice Asian taste. I mix it into broccoli cole-slaw. VERY good side dish or light lunch.

This is my favorite too, and it's exactly what I do with mine. It is so yummy, and I take it to any pot lucks that I go to and everyone loves it. I sometimes mix julienned apples into it and top it with toasted slivered almonds.
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    kraft three cheese ranch light... so good can't even tell it is light
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I love spritzers when I am at work (cause their easy and low cals) but at home I make my own dressing...

extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, little bit of water, lemon juice, garlic powder, italian seasoning, whatever other seasonings, shake/mix and then serve! Delicious!!! :tongue:

I use one of those dressing bottles you can find next to the dry Italian dressing mixes in the grocery store... they are perfect. Sometime I even just do a dry Italian dressing mix cause they are SO good & easy, but they do leave you with some breath! Haha! :laugh:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    i love fat free balsamic viniagrette. SO yummy!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

The Sesame Ginger makes a good marinade for chicken too. :tongue:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

I love that dressing. I made some boiled red potatoes tonight and put some of this dressing on it! YUMMY! Thinking of making Potato salad with some snow peas pods and the sesame Ginger dressing...
  • kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    idk if its wishbone or kraft but its called 'just 2 good' i dont like the ranch it has that fat free taste but the creamy caesar is soooooo good. 50 cals 2 grams fat
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Roasted Red Pepper with Parmesan and WISH they turned it into a Spritzer already
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    I used to really struggle with this one because the fat free were too high in sugar and the low carb were too high in fat!
    But now I use 1 teaspoon or so of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of vinegar with a packet of splenda. Perfect! And I just discovered south beach diet ranch dressing. 7 grams of fat and low sugar and calories! 70 calories for 2 tablespoons!
    Hope it helps.
    . Thanks for recipes. :flowerforyou: I too have been looking for something "low cal" ..easy ..ect.. alot going on and have been a little brain dead these past few weeks. Anyways this just gave me an idea that I could even add my own herbs and spices . I know this sounds so dumb...but It was the packet of splenda...I never thUnk??? :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    . Thanks for the question! :flowerforyou:
  • sapphyre0702
    Options
    I heard a long time ago that eating fat free salad dressings doesn't allow some nutrients in the salad to be absorbed by your body. It was something like the fat in regular or light salad dressings combines with the lettuce and vegetables and is absorbed by your body, but since there is no fat in the fat free dressings some nutrients aren't absorbed.

Here is a website that references the information about fat free dressings. http://www.healthytricks.com/library/fatsalad.htm

For that reason the new Kraft Reduced Light Ranch dressing is my absolute favorite. In my opinion it tastes 100x better than fat free dressings and regular dressings!