What are you doing today for Mothers day?

Options
Just wondering what everyone was doing today....

Currently I am eating my breakfast in peace. The kids are with their dad. Then I'm off for a two hour hike with my friend. Then back here to meet the kids and cook a healthy dinner that they will clean up! LOL!

Happy mothers day!!!!
:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what everyone was doing today....

Currently I am eating my breakfast in peace. The kids are with their dad. Then I'm off for a two hour hike with my friend. Then back here to meet the kids and cook a healthy dinner that they will clean up! LOL!

Happy mothers day!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    My husband and son are getting a haircut right now

hehehe my 3 year old picked out an adorable card that he gave me this morning

We are going to lunch instead of dinner so I can run off the calories lol.....

Steak house woohooo or bennihana's here I come lol...i know i am wrong
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I have nothing planned at the moment, my husband is in NH for the day so we went to our mother's houses yesterday and took them their presents :) It was nice to spend some time with them, and my lil darling was on her best behavior. As far as what I'm getting or doing..lol no clue! I think dh will probably bring my present with him when he comes home tonight. I would have rather just been able to sleep in for a change than get a present, but that's alright...lol
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.....slept in this morning, which was wonderful! My husband took the kids to the market and brought home fresh saskatoon and white chocolate scones, I had about a third of one and enjoyed every bite!!! We used to eat 1 and a half each, so we were both proud, and it was such a special treat! We plan to have a quiet day, go for a long walk with the kids in the stroller ( so they'll fall asleep and my husband and I can enjoy eachother)!!! Enjoy some BBQ trukey filllets and a baked potatoe for supper with an angel food cake with cool whip and strawberries for dessert.....all my favourites and I can fit them into my healthy lifestyle!!! Yum!!!

Happy Mother's Day!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Nothing No rest for this mother of two My husband is in Iraq but he did send me a huge arrangement of flowers and a balloon that was delivered yesterday and my little ones woke me up to cards that they made it was very sweet began a normal Sunday but I am treating myself to a comedy show tonight I am going to see Katt Williams- No rest for an Army wife and a mother of 2. Happy Mothers Day everyone
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Nothing No rest for this mother of two My husband is in Iraq but he did send me a huge arrangement of flowers and a balloon that was delivered yesterday and my little ones woke me up to cards that they made it was very sweet began a normal Sunday but I am treating myself to a comedy show tonight I am going to see Katt Williams- No rest for an Army wife and a mother of 2. Happy Mothers Day everyone

Hey hun, I know your pain that was me for almost a year, but only difference is I have one special needs child, a marine wife (which is ending soon) and active duty myself......

I give you props it takes a strong woman.
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Don't you all love the military mom thing. This is my first mother's day in 3 years that my baby is home to spend the day with me and the boys. However, he flies out on Father's Day which is also our anniversary. I am grateful everyday that he is here to spend with me.
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    We went to P.F. Chang's last night for dinner... my parents had never been there. It was really good!

The diet was okay there... I had about a quarter of my mom's chinese chicken salad, a quarter of my dad's sweet and sour chicken, some brown rice (didn't have any white rice!) and the spinach stir-fried with garlic. And three glasses of water!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! :flowerforyou:
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options
    We are going to my brother inlaw and sister inlaw's house for a mother's day BBQ and thats about it. Right now hubby is working, Mothers Day is the busiest day of the year at their restraunt so he cant take it off. Other than that my son and I are having a lazy day :smile:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    It's just a "regular" day for me since hubbz worked the night shift lastnight and came home at almost 10 this morning.... I'll have a ME day at some point this week.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    We hosted a brunch today. Made a healthy souffle, but have had a (eh-hem) couple mimosas so PROBABLY not the best healthy day for me. :embarassed:

I'll be back to (insert angel smiley here) tomorrow. :bigsmile: